View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #805
ladysphinx07
Cats Don't Like Me Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalformsora02 View Post
I don't know if anyone has already asked about fabric for a mystogan (fairy tail) costume, it's a lot of pages to read. http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/fairy-ta...ragneel-fanart

I was thinking a long white cloth wrapped for the arms and legs. Slver vinyl for the gray upper body and pants parts. I'm not sure what i should use for the darker materials though.
So what should i use for the cape/cloak and the darker material on the pants and upperbody?
I made my boyfriend into Mystogan last year (listed in my cosplays if you're interested in seeing how it turned out). I used gauze for his leg and arm wrappings (can be bought in first aid section of pretty much any store) and I used a silver and navy blue color of I believe a bottomweight. Quite frankly, I just meandered the fabric store and felt the fabrics, looking for one that was a little heavier but still laid nicely. I used the same navy blue fabric for his hat, cape/cloak, shirt and pantaloon looking things (i.e. a LOT of it). The silver was just for the stripes on the pants. I also bought some really heavy interfacing for the collar, so it stood up on its own. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
ladysphinx07 is offline   Reply With Quote