View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #20266
usuyukisou

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Right now..I found one of my dream costumes for a reasonable price on Ebay, but I can't tell whether it's a scam or not. This is the store, I know the costumes have a taobao watermark on them but I've heard of sellers that do things similar to a taobao service, and of course taobao sellers that move to eBay as well.

On that note..Taobao, do you not realize how much of a godsend it would be to extend your services to the US/Canada? You would do so well ;^; I don't want to order off taobao because I don't like the idea of going through a service, but I might try just that if anyone else has a recommendation for one that's really good and it doesn't end up killing my wallet.
Regarding the Ebay store: photos grabbed off taobao with varying watermarks/logos generally aren't a good bet. Certain taobao stores do have their own Ebay stores (Fantasy Sheep, CC Kids, Ayanamisatoru, and [I believe] Grand Young), and there are certain authorised resellers (Moemall for Lucaille)... More telling would be this product:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLEACH-Death...em416e48 1085
Compare the cosplayer in the main image versus the costume on the mannequin. You could keep the store in mind, but maybe you should refrain from ordering until you find a good detailed review.

Regarding services, at the charge 10% of your order price as service fee. Considering the cheap price of reasonable goods... it's actually not that much. And as expensive as EMS can get, they give you 40-50% off that EMS price because they deal with so many orders. (I personally use taobaospree, which gives 40% off. However, with shopping services, some people have an awful time with one and a great time with another, and vice versa, so find one you like... I've been lucky and never had a problem with taobaospree, so I haven't tried any of the others).