View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #20269
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
Regarding the Ebay store: photos grabbed off taobao with varying watermarks/logos generally aren't a good bet. Certain taobao stores do have their own Ebay stores (Fantasy Sheep, CC Kids, Ayanamisatoru, and [I believe] Grand Young), and there are certain authorised resellers (Moemall for Lucaille)... More telling would be this product:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLEACH-Death...em416e48 1085
Compare the cosplayer in the main image versus the costume on the mannequin. You could keep the store in mind, but maybe you should refrain from ordering until you find a good detailed review.

Regarding services, at the charge 10% of your order price as service fee. Considering the cheap price of reasonable goods... it's actually not that much. And as expensive as EMS can get, they give you 40-50% off that EMS price because they deal with so many orders. (I personally use taobaospree, which gives 40% off. However, with shopping services, some people have an awful time with one and a great time with another, and vice versa, so find one you like... I've been lucky and never had a problem with taobaospree, so I haven't tried any of the others).
Alright. I didn't look very hard because I had some serious doubts about it, but I was going to keep an eye on it in case. Thanks for the great advice though, just what I needed
I think the hardest thing is that since I'm a minor, any orders have to go through my parents first. Not sure how well they would handle to using a taobao service, and I don't blame them, really. (Even though pretty much any costume you order from a website comes from a foreign country, they might be uncomfortable having to use a middle man with it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Wow. You can really see the passage of time illustrated by what fandoms everyone's complaining about at what time.

Guess it's HS time now?
Yeah. It's been Homestuck for several months now.
The comic is supposed to end this April though, so maybe it'll die down and a new fandom will come up.
I personally can and can't wait to see what'll come next.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote