View Single Post
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #20277
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmik View Post
Current peeve of the day has to be cons falling short every year. I've been attending Momocon for six years now and it never manages to be exciting for me. It just gives off a very lackluster vibe. I didn't buy a pass this year so I couldn't get into any of the rooms, and one of my classmates claimed I was missing out on the fun. Of course, anyone that's been going to Georgia anime cons for a while would know that if it's at Momocon, it's going to be at AWA. So why waste the money if I'm gonna stand around for a couple of hours? I can wait six months for a plushie.

But next year, I think I'm going to invest in going to MTAC in Tennessee instead. I think I'm just in a con stump right now.
I...actually agree with you. About the exact same con.
Momocon was awesome the first year (though it was also my first con), but since then it seems to just have been sloping downhill as far as the amount of fun I have every year. It's been quite a long time since I've genuinely felt I've had fun at that con. I don't know what it is, but..I have noticed most of my friends are in a bad mood at Momocon too. Every time.

Which brings me to my peeve...Cosplaying popular characters. I love Black Butler. I will not stop cosplaying from it, and Ciel is my favorite, so I will not stop cosplaying him entirely.
But..I hate..being lost in a sea of one character. It makes me feel like I made a really bad choice, and just..insignificant. Even with the variety of Ciel having so many outfits to choose from, I still just feel like to everyone else I blend in with the others.
It's making me think a lot about my cosplay choices. Nearly everything unique has already been done..so..I'm not sure what to do. I'm in a serious rut about this.

Also..how much theoretical power and popularity having a partner or group gives you when you are cosplaying a popular character. Cosplaying as Ciel on my own..people hardly glance at me. Cosplaying as Ciel with a couple of other Black Butler cosplayers..everyone wants our picture and to film us for a Momocon video.
Seriously?
(I know, cons are for fun and all, but..it's only fun when people actually want to interact with you.)

Oh, and on a less dreary more creeped note, fangirls. I had a girl following me around all day, and she was nice, but she would SNIFF ME, and my rabbit plushie, and hug me, and draw her OC with my version of Ciel.
Apparently she does this to a lot of/every Ciel cosplayers. But...dear god, it's really creepy to think about.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote