View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #2628
Kayu-sama

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Mandy
C.com gallery: Chokichi
Character commissioned and series: Forever Star outfit from The iDOLM@STER
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://24.media.tumblr.com/ec41d8428...p4zxo1_500.jpg
http://oi46.tinypic.com/b6vv3q.jpg
Timeline: First contact on January 21st. First payment sent January 22nd. Second payment sent Feb 15th. Arrived in the mail today, March 11th.
Describe your Experience.
Pros:

Well....I like the fabric. The skirt and top fit. I like that the skirt is layered, so I know it won't be really flimsy/cold/revealing at the con. I like the bow on the back, it's the right size and sturdy.
Cons:
1. The arm ruffles DON'T $#&*ING FIT. I must have triple-checked my measurements before sending them to her, and I was especially worried about my arms, because they're kind of chubby and I wanted to make sure the arm ruffles would fit. The velcro on them won't even close around my upper arm. I have to figure out how to fix them now.
2. The outfit is supposed to have gold stars on the top; at the fold of the sash, and two more stars on the straps that hang from the bodice. There is also a star hair accessory, which I inquired about; the price she quoted me for the outfit was $230 including shipping while the hair acc would be an additional $50. Which I thought was silly, so I said don't include the hair acc. I thought the price I was paying would be worth it, until she sent me pictures of the finished product and I didn't see any stars. She said she considers those a prop and they're not included. It would have been really, really nice if she mentioned that. I feel I overpaid for an outfit that just left out a vital component without her even telling me.
3. I asked for progress pics a few times and never got them. I only got pictures once it was completed. Weird.
4. The skirt is the wrong color. It's supposed to be light blue, not white. The reference pictures I gave showed this very clearly.
5. The sash was sewn on so pathetically it came undone as I was taking it out of the package. Or maybe it was never sewn on in the first place? It's hard to say. It's not a huge deal since I'm going to pin a star there anyway, but come on, really? Also the folded part of the sash is quite a bit longer than in any reference pic I gave her.
6. When the costume was ready to be shipped, she said "send the final payment and I'll ship it." I had to remind her that I already sent both halves of payment, and she was all "Oh, I see." What????
(UPDATE) 7. She has also refused to give me any sort of partial refund which I asked for after explaining why I was dissatisfied. She explained away all my complaints, like the bad communication was on me and not her. OH WELL.

Final Grade: D. I'm never going back to her or recommending her to anyone. It was way overpriced for an incomplete, inaccurate costume that I now have to fix just to wear it at all. Never again.

Last edited by Kayu-sama : 03-19-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Kayu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote