View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #4902
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
As someone who has been effected by the sequester
I'm less concerned about the President playing golf and more concerned about the way the government does budgets in general.

For example, if a military unit gets a $200k budget for one fiscal year, whether they actually need 200k worth of stuff or not, they spend the entire budget, figuring out random stuff to buy, because they will only get what they spent this year for next year (like if they have 200k for FY13 but only spend 150k, they'll only get 150k for FY14). So units buy all kinds of useless crap they don't need just to eat up their surplus budget.

Now factor in that every unit in the military and every agency in the government does this exact same thing and it all adds up.

And don't even get me started on contracting...
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote