View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #233
jusdepomme
Beyond Dreams Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I'm probably over-thinking things (I have a tendancy to do so), but I'm wondering about the Historical Masq. I'd like to make an outfit based on a character from a comic book which takes place in the 30's, but I'm not sure whether I can do a direct re-creation of her outfit (with some research to support the style/fabric choices), or if I should forgo reference-accuracy for historical accuracy where needed. I suppose I'm saying that I'm not sure where the line between "historical" and "historical interpretation" is, especially since I know that the comic's writer and artist are pretty good about doing their research to begin with.
I'm not sure with my answer but I think that usually, when doing a historical interpretation, it has to be clear that it's an interpretation. Like the batman dress here : http://costumecon32.com/programming-...al-masquerade/

From my understanding, you're better to have a clear interpretation than trying to please both the re-creation and the historical accuracy.

Follow your dreams, who knows where they'll get you?

jusdepomme is offline   Reply With Quote