View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #58428
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Thanks for the answers guys. I really wish I knew where you could try one on so I could see if they would work or not since I more or less need it to keep the girls in one place and not move around...
Also - apparently they can melt in warmer climates. So if you're considering wearing them to a con in Summer... you may want to rethink it. That said - they're relatively inexpensive online. I had considered one for my Mab costume... but I'm pretty sure it would melt off in the Atlanta sun.

I've now ridiculously over complicated my costumes, apparently. I just realized that each of my planned or in progress costumes involves some technique/skill that I have learned just for the purpose of that costume. Embroidery, wire and bead crochet, silk painting, knitting. I love that I'm doing things that are new - but even the simple costumes are getting complex because I over think them.

Convention Line-Up: BronyCon 2013 - Dragon*Con 2013
Eris (Female Discord, MLP:FiM), Casual Gala Pinkie Pie (MLP:FiM)
The 10th Doctor, blue suit variation (DW), Queen Mab's Party Dress (Dresden Files: Cold Days), Party Pirate Pinke Pie

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote