View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Phazongrey

Question Ponytailing a wig (No clips, just a wig)

Yeah, so figures after I bought a wig I discovered the whole "Buy short wigs, and clip on the ponytail". Too late now, haha.

I don't want to stub it or anything like that, so please don't suggest it, because I know I can't do it.

I'm cosplaying Zero Suit Samus from Other M, and she has a ponytail. I'm not sure if it'd be considered a high ponytail, it's more of just right in the center of the back of her head. But this is my first time styling a wig, so I'm rather helpless here.

I remembered reading somewhere before, but I can't recall the website anymore, where a lady had said she gathered the wig at the nape of the neck and pinned it up so it gave the appearance of a high ponytail, but it wouldn't destroy the wig nor make it back heavy.

I have no clue how to do that, as she didn't elaborate any farther, and I lost the website.

Does anybody have some advice on how to make it look like a high ponytail? And what would happen if I just pull my wig into a ponytail? Would I hurt the wig, or is it just a pain from being back heavy?

Phazongrey is offline   Reply With Quote