View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I don't get why no float = no contest, if that's the reasoning. There was a contest for years before the float was added. Oh well.
I'm guessing it's because Japan Video figured if they couldn't get a float/floats it would be pretty difficult for the winners to walk from Civic Center all the way to Japan Center when the years before they'd get to ride on the float and wave to the people. Riding on the float was the incentive that made cosplayers step-up their game each year and try their best to win a spot, and have fun overall.

Mecha, Kamen Rider/Power Rangers, giant mascot/plushie costumes, costumes involving giant props/weapons, etc. are examples of costumes that probably wouldn't be able to do the long walk in-costume.

But yeah.. oh well.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 03-20-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote