View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori Veda View Post
Hey guys. I am planning on attending NYCC, but I wanted to see if anyone has recommendations for hotels, using public transportation in NYC in full costume, and if anyone wanted to share costs. This will be my first time there, though I did go to SDCC last year.
Heya! I'm a NYC native and I attend NYCC every year. Using public transportation in costume is very possible so long as you don't have wings or some other bulky addition that would prevent you from fitting through the subway turnstiles/bus door. It's definitely not forbidden, and most riders probably won't even pay a lot of attention to you. But only do this if your costume is comfortable and won't be damaged by walking. The closest the subway can get you to the Javits Center is not very close, and though I've never taken the bus to get closer, I've heard from others that it's very slow, very unreliable, and all the buses are always packed to get to the Javits. As an alternative, there is a changing room in the convention on the lowest floor!

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote