View Single Post
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #11
SorcererSupreme
Man of Mystery

I went for a solid streak from 2001-2006, took a hiatus, then came back 2008 and two days in 2009.

Animazement has changed a lot in that time frame, and some years were certainly better than others.

One early year; I think it was 2003 or 2004, the Masquerade didn't start for three or four hours. Many other events were late or didn't happen because of this.

2008 was the last year at the Sheraton, of course. It was very crowded, but I had a lot of fun.

I feel like staff falls into two categories- too lenient and too strict. I've been to many other conventions in the intervening years since I started with Animazement, and I feel like its a convention where not everyone on staff is on the same page... so to speak.

Even back in the day I'd see folks who'd come a long way to come to AZ. I do like the fact that more people come from surrounding states. I get sad when I go north for Katsucon and most everyone is from a Northeastern state. I know I can make local/closer connections when I'm at Animazement.