View Single Post
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #5574
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
The game is very heavy on the QTE's early for some reason, but it kind of lightens up as it goes on.
Yeah, they've really tapered off so that's good. I don't hate QTEs on principle, but I get zero satisfaction out of killing a bad guy with one button press. The fact that you die gruesomely if you miss just adds insult to injury.

Quote:
Also yeah, the game is great on a techincial level,
I'm really impressed with the control scheme. It's pretty deep but super simple. You spend zero time fussing with menus.

Quote:
but the story, while better than 75% of the past Tomb Raider games just by existing alone, is not a strong point of the game.
My biggest problem is that you are always getting hammered by the enviroment to the point where it's laughable. Every building collapses; you fall off a mountain like every 5 min. But I always have this problem in games that are going for more "realism". I have an easier time suspending disbelief when things are more stylized.

Quote:
There's some decent character building for the young Ms. Croft, and some geniunely good moments for her in the game, but nothing new if you haven't seen "The Descent". It's very much an action game with a good female lead.
Agreed.

I'm enjoying the game more now that I went up to Hard mode. On Normal, I could pretty much mindlessly blast my way to victory. On Hard I have to think more about weapon choice, conserve ammo and use the enviroment. It makes the game a lot more fun.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote