Thread: Swords allowed
View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
pliantskies

IMO, as long as the edges and tip aren't particularly pointy and it's wood that isn't heavy/strong (like able to do damage to people if you hit them) then you should be fine. Like everyone's already said, you really just won't know till you get to the con - it sucks, and I know you're anxious, but that's the way it is. The con is one month away; I'm sure that if you were really worried, you could find another way to make a different sword that might be more likely to make the check, such as insulation foam. Like I said, the swords sounds like it should be fine. Even if it isn't approved, they can store it at the convention for you, so I don't quite see what the problem is. I wouldn't worry about bringing it for nothing; why not just try anyways? The worst they can say is no, and you seem to be comfortable with not having the prop anyways, so...it just seems to me like it wouldn't make a difference even if you had to have the con staff store it somewhere. If you didn't bring it but see someone else with a similar prop that was approved, you might feel bad for not bringing it, y'know?
pliantskies is offline   Reply With Quote