04-27-2013, 02:41 AM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hetalia Gathering 2013!
CON IS BASICALLY CANCELED IT IS NOT ON THE ACC WEBSITE ANYMORE AND ARTISTS FROM LAST YEARS AA HAVE RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM FORMER HEAD OF AA THAT CURRENT STAFFERS HAVE CONFIRMED IT CANCELLATION. HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT SOON??? BUT SEEING AS THE CON IS CANCELED SO IS THE GATHERING.
Hello everyone! Stitchez from AM2 year 1, back in the fray and leading the Saturday (tentative based on the day we hopefully get our panel back) Hetalia Gathering! Time for this gathering is still undecided since we don't know what slot the panel will be given but my Hungary and I are glad to be back for year 3 to help run a gathering and another Hetalia Q&A panel just like year 1! We're hoping to have the panel before the gathering, that way we can plug and remind the audience and then sort of lead the way to the area as well once we leave the panel room.
Now due to the fact we also have a Cosplay Dating Game panel we're hoping for on Sunday I will not be saying for sure that we'll lead that one as well (as there usually is 2 days worth of gathering for hetalia) since we have plans both before and after that panel.
Now then onto the nitty gritty -
DAY: August 24th aka Saturday aka 2nd day of con
TIME: ??? (time undecided until panel times are approved, open to suggestions of times)
LOCATION: In front of the water fountain, as usual!
People Setting it Up
Stitchez/imprudentstitchez and Honeybeeswax (from Tumblr) with some help from our fellow panelists/friends
1) Be kind and courteous, do unto others as you'd have them do unto you, and all that jazz. Don't glomp or touch people without permission, don't grab their clothing to get their attention and don't yell annoyingly into their ears "DAZEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11oneoneevelevn". Sorry, but it ain't that cute. Don't steal or kick their things, don't start fights over stupid things. We're all here to have a good time and it'd suck if we had to disperse cause someone likes USUK more then FrUk and they get into a hissy fight over it.
2) Be quiet when your attention is called for as the meet starts. We'll be announcing various group pictures to be taken (individual characters, groups, and if we have time we'll take pairing requests) and it would suck if you or people around you missed out on some fun posing action cause you were having a shipping war or something.
3) IC is fine, annoyingly IC is not. Don't be IC all the time guys. It's fun, but it can be annoying. It's cool for during the photo and when you're messing with friends, but being a glaring Russia all the time is gonna freak people out.
4) RESPECT, have some, please. For other people, their costumes and props, along with you're own. Especially flags. A lot of people look down on Hetalia cosplays because most of the ones they see are the weeabo's who knowing nothing about history beyond what Hetalia has given them and have no respect for the flags they wield. Many Hetalia cosplayers that are on the more serious side look down on their fellows for using them as blankets to sit on and various things, so please, have respect.
Cosplayers and their Characters
- Stitchez - France (WWII)
- Jencks - Prussia (WWII or Austrian Sucession)
- Magicgirl24 - Hungary (Maid version or Military version)
- Kilayla - Denmark
- Michi - America
Also posted on the AM2 forums - HERE
Open For Cosplay Commissions @ mrstitchezcommissionz
ALA 2016 - not 100% sure yet
- Cremisuis Aclassi - Punkquisition, winter palace?
- Edward Kenway - tattered/castaway
- DIO - formal for dance?, pt 3?
- Polnareff - pt 3?
- Metal Bat
Last edited by stitchez : 06-09-2013 at 01:45 AM.