View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WolfZ View Post
Hmmm, I see what you were trying to say about that product being for professionals. That all definitely doesn't sound like the same thing that was described by the designer I spoke to originally.
Get more information from whoever you spoke to then come back here, the more you know about what you're looking for the more knowledge that can be relayed to you.

Like Knives said, the majority of "sprayable plastic" requires highly specialized and expensive machinery not to mention safety equipment.

The closest thing I can think of to what you're describing is maybe using a dump gun with a wide nozzle to spray, what is more than likely, polyester resin for fiberglass applications.

Unless you already have access to the equipment from your friend then it's probably cost prohibitive for you to pursue this. Dump guns are usually around $200, nozzles are extra, cheap air compressors are rarely under $100, and you'll need a hose of course. A quality cartridge respirator is also a must as the resin will essentially be vaporized, then there's gloves, goggles, and a paint suit if you don't want to ruin your clothes and the resin itself. You'll also need a very well ventilated area to work because exhaust fans and lights present potential explosion hazards, which basically means outside.

Last edited by 2DLogic : 06-16-2013 at 09:52 PM.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote