View Single Post
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #5735
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Finished Borderlands 2 - twice. Once as Gaige and once as Maya. I preferred Maya, but IMO she's a tougher character for single player. Liked it SO much better than the first one. Environments were more varied, NPCs were better, story was better. And it was much much funnier. Only negative for me is that I would have liked a longer time between respawns. I like to poke around in every nook and cranny and there's a lot to explore in each area - especially if you want to look for some of the challenge items. I got tired of having to clear out an area multiple times. Similarly, I thought there was too much back-tracking for side quests.

Started Remember Me. It has its problems, but mostly it seems to me like a big budget idea that didn't have a big budget. Which, you know, if you're a new developer and you don't have a big budget, you probably shouldn't try to make a game that requires a big budget. Just my opinion. And whatever budget they did have, they probably spent most of it on the art direction, because the design is gorgeous. I don't think the combat mechanics are as bad as some of the reviews make them out to be. It works better in some fights than in others. There was a pretty steep learning curve for me and I'm still not really great at it. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for something a little different - maybe not at full price though. Aside from its negatives, it's also a fairly short game. I just started it yesterday and I'm in chapter 4 of 8.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote