View Single Post
Unread 08-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #10
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessLolo View Post
I agree with Nyx for potentially using a lip liner. I really like Nyx because they seem to be of good enough quality even at a cheaper price point.

As for eyeshadow, I have an amazing red shadow from Sugarpill, called Love+. VERY vibrant (as are the rest of their colors) and highly pigmented. I use their Poison Plum and Dollipop to make purple/pink brows all the time. However, they're $12 each. IMO, worth every penny because the quality is very high and the colors last all day as long as I use a primer first.

Another option is getting one of those 88 palettes from Coastal Scents or something similar. Theirs has a red color in it and is very affordable.

Re: making dark brows bright/less dark. The things I do are either draw my brows on with white pencil (I use Nyx's retractable white eyeliner), then cover that carefully with the eyeshadow. For red, it may require a bit of extra application to look RED and not pinkish red. I do this sometimes for pink brows, but I sometimes also use the glue stick brow-covering technique so the pink really shows.
Except with shipping $12 becomes $18 and OP has already said that she'll only be using it once. While Sugarpill is quite pigmented (I just used Love+ for a burlesque "test-act" under spotlights and it showed perfectly), it's not worth it if she's only using it once.

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote