View Single Post
Unread 09-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Shugo the Fox
White and Nerdy

As you might know, ALA is held within the Marriott Hotel, and is setup on the first and second levels. There is an outdoor pool area where some of the gatherings are held, and I also recall there being an area near there where you can get free breakfast on some days.

As far as events and activities, there are plenty of them throughout the con, but it would be easier for you to see for yourself what kind of events they have. Like AX, they have things like Karaoke, AMV contests, Bands, Autograph sessions, etc. It's all just on a smaller scale compared to AX. They also have a Gaming Room, Artist Alley, and Exhibit Hall for anime merchandise.

As Shadow mentioned above, another thing about ALA is the ribbons. You earn ribbons by completing certain tasks, and these can be attached to your badge, with each one stacked atop the bottom of the next ribbon. It's not uncommon to see people with a long strand of ribbons attached to their badges. I don't collect them myself, but it's an interesting way to get more involved with the convention.

Hopefully that gives you a little more information on ALA. To be honest, this is one of my favorite conventions throughout the year. It's small, but not terribly small. I find it to be a great way to meet up with people who are local, rather than at AX where people are from all around the globe. If you're coming on Day 2, the line for badges might take you around 15-20 minutes to pickup, so be sure to consider that before going to an event. Hope you have fun, and we'll see you guys here!
  • Pacific Media Expo 2014

Cosplays
  • Serge - Chrono Cross
  • Paper Mario
  • Godot - Phoenix Wright
  • Kenji Mitsusada - Cardfight! Vanguard
  • Shugo - Original Character Cosplay
Shugo the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote