View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #154
Skyzhema
former DeJerk cosplayer

1) What machine do you own? Include the maker and model number please!
I own a Brother LS-2220.

2) When did you purchase it/how old is it?
It was a gift from my grandmother this past summer. I have no earthly idea how old it is, Grandma says over 20 years, possibly over 30, yet dad says she bought it a few years ago, used it once and never again.

3) How much sewing experience do you have? (how long sewing, how advanced your projects are)
I've been sewing since... 2005-ish? But I've only learned how to use a machine in the past 2 months. I do mostly beginner/intermediate things, but I'm good with zippers too.

4) What do you like most about the machine?
It was free! I also love the versatility of it-it can do buttons, 14 stitches/21 stitch functions (no idea what that means though) and winds bobbins too. The last part is especially useful!

5) What do you not like?
The bobbin thing is hard to load, and because I haven't taken it to a repairman yet the tension is still slightly out of whack.

6) Would you recommend your machine to a fellow cosplayer?
Yes. It's actually fairly light, easy to use and efficient. I can maneuver cosplay gear into it and it has no problem with various fabrics or functions. It's actually pretty awesome.

I am allergic to cosplay makeup.
I use wax- and cabbage-based makeups I handmake. In the dorm kitchen.
I also can't use hairspray-it makes me break out.
So if you see me in cosplay without makeup, or with too little or too much, just understand that the options I have don't always turn out well, or turn out too well.
Thanks!
Skyzhema is offline   Reply With Quote