View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #2751
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Name of Commissioner: Ichigo M.
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/87394/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Utena Rose Bride ball gown.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i41.tinypic.com/2lw2jp4.jpg (with hoopskirt and not yet completed) http://i40.tinypic.com/33b3hwo.jpg (Completed without the hoopskirt)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About 3 months. July-September
Describe your Experience.

Where do I even start.

Ichigo M was an absolute dream to work with. I checked out her website and it said she specialized in ballgowns. After seeing her C.C gown and her Euphemia gown, I knew I had found my commissioner. I immediately emailed her and she got back to me right away. We settled on the price and a payment plan. I sent her the first two payments and measurements. Right away, she emailed me back stating she had bought the fabric already and was getting to work on my gown.

She then soon sent me a progress photo of the gown. I was just stunned. It wasn't even finished yet and it looked amazing already. She sent me a final photo of the entire cosplay even before I sent her the final payment!

I sent her the final payment about two weeks ago and she shipped it out right away. My deadline wasn't even until November!

The photo doesn't do it justice. I pull it out of the package and I'm floored by the cosplay. It's exactly how I wanted it but better.

As a bonus, I didn't even know she did this. She made the teal skirt around the top of the skirt, detachable with snaps for easy storage and the little gold balls on the shoulder pads detachable with snaps as well. Imagine my surprise! I completely love the idea of detachable pieces.

Edit: The skirt somehow was not fitting correctly around my hoopskirt when it arrived and I contacted her to correct the problem even though she had stated she had stopped taking commissions for the time being. She ended up making me a brand new skirt during Thanksgiving Break and shipping it quickly! The skirt came out even more beautiful this second time around if that's even possible. She only charged me for the materials!

I ended up wearing it to Con-Alt-Delete and it was well received! I got so many compliments including one from Vic Mignogna himself.

Pros:
Amazingly friendly, responds quickly, works fast and delivers!

Cons: Absolutely none!

Final Grade: A++++!

If I could, I would have something commissioned from her again!
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014

Last edited by Marbleyes : 02-18-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote