View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #5856
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiryuux View Post
Since it was free via PS Plus, I decided to try Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and see what made 38 Studios go bankrupt. So far, the only thing bugging me is that they only offered Normal or Inverted Camera for the Y-Axis, but not for the X-Axis (I usually play double inverted cameras).
I thought it was a very o.k. game. Nothing really terrible about it but nothing to make it stand out from a lot of other games that are very similar. I played the first section but didn't bother finishing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
The Hag, I know where you RAGED-QUIT in TLOU because I did it last night and UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
how cliche. I'm hoping the last 40% of this game pick ups, because UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I know, right?! And here's what really pisses me off - I can come up with two or three scenarios off the top of my head that would have ended in the exact same result

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Sam and Henry dead so that Joel and Ellie can move on to the next section by themselves
but would not have been so shitty and would have actually added to Joel and Ellie's character development. I was seriously like "FUCK YOU Naughty Dog!

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
If you want me to watch a little kid die,
you have to fucking earn it and not make it a super cheap cliche!"

I won't lie to you - there are other facepalm moments. Despite the excellent characters and dialog, the plot itself is super lame, IMO. The characters deserved better.

------

Still not done with Saint's Row III because I'm hardly playing. But rocket motorcycle is awesome!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote