Unread 12-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #2785
underthewings
"Come and capture me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyCoatIzaya View Post
@underthewings i ve seen it done. i think you can
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feysera View Post
I think any review, late or not, would be good. Sharing experiences with a commissioner gives future customers a better picture of the person they are about to order from.
Thanks you two! I assumed that it would be alright, but I just wanted to ask beforehand nevertheless.

- - -

Name of Commissioner: Coslife Studios
Website/C.com gallery: www.coslifestudios.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Rinoa Heartilly from Final Fantasy VIII [partial costume - duster and arm warmers]
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I do not have any pictures on hand to the cosplay itself, however there are pictures of the final product on display at their gallery if you scroll down.

Timeline:
  • Mar 9: First contacted via e-mail with a requested deadline of April 30.
  • Mar 10: Received reply stating that a quote will be created in a few days after checking out the price of the fabrics needed.
  • Mar 15: She sent a picture of a potential fabric and asked for my opinion on it. It was perfect, but the color of it was too dark unfortunately.
  • Mar 17: I was provided a quote of the total cost included with a detailed break down of the price by fabric cost, material cost, production, shipping and tax. I responded back the following day and agreed to the quota. We settled payment method afterwards.
  • Mar 20: She sent me two more high-quality, up close pictures of other light blue rib-knit fabrics.
  • Mar 23: She sent the invoice which I paid in full amount the moment I received. Then she asked which of the fabrics between the three that I liked the most and wanted to use for the costume.
  • Apr 29: She apologized for missing the deadline to ship the costume at and said that it will be shipped out tomorrow over night. I was perfectly fine with that. After all, we are all humans; we make mistakes. Very understandable.
  • May 1: Received the tracking number of the package. Pictures of the finished products posted on her tumblr.
  • May 4: Finally received it. Yay! The delay was due to my local post office holding onto it.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
*The reason why I referred to the commissioner as 'she' above is because at the time, it was run all by herself and was under a former name of Shinaiko Cosplay. Now, there's a team and it's known as Coslife Studios. The following additional commentary will be about the owner whom I had experience with prior to the changes.

I was very impressed by her resume as a costume designer and fashion student. After going through her gallery of her previous works, I knew right away that she was the one I wanted to commission my cosplay from. Admittedly, I was a little nervous because I had never commissioned a seamstress before, only a prop maker. But all those worries disappeared with her quick responses, the professionalism of the transaction maintained (such as breaking down the total price; why it was at that price, etc.), and the excellent communications and service. Never before had I had so much of my input involved before. When she sent me pictures of the materials she found at her local area, I felt like I was walking side-by-side, step-by-step with her throughout the entire process especially with the quality of the up-close photos I received of the potential materials! The costume I received fits well and was high-quality too. I was so immensely happy; cue the happy, girlish tears. It looked exactly like from the video game. I couldn't be any more thrilled.

Final Grade: A+
I would highly recommend this commissioner. She is a very talented, sweet, polite, sincere, and nice person to work with. It was such a pleasure doing business with her and even to this day, I'm still blown away by how amazing the entire order and how easily it was to talk to her outside of the commission process. (It helped that I am soon to be pursuing a fashion major as well and my interest in fashion.) I plan to go to her for any of my future cosplays that I need commissioned from now on. In fact, I do plan on commissioning her another costume (or two!). If you're looking for a commissioner who is flexible, professional, and an amazing sweetheart, she is your person. She will work with you. Believe me, if I could give her any higher rating than an A+, I would.

Last edited by underthewings : 12-28-2013 at 03:21 AM.
underthewings is offline   Reply With Quote