View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2014, 04:03 AM   #7
Hazel Chaz

Some responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst Nat View Post
- Its great that there was finally the swap meet. However maybe next year it can be held in a bigger room? Cause it was a small room so they only let in a few people at a time, which was good organization, but it was still a long wait.
We're considering this. It was our first time and we didn't know how popular it would be. Question, would it make a difference to you which night it was on (such as Thursday)?

Quote:
- the cosplay repair room needs dental putty/glue in the makeup station, for costume teeth that fall out (like my vampire fang caps did).
Huh. That's a new one. I'll pass that onto the Costume Repair Station head.

Quote:
- People were still really loud in the bedroom hallways really late at night.
Which floor? We may be able to do something about it if you let Ops know during the convention. (You can pick up the house phone and ask the hotel operator for "Boardroom.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuren View Post
My only complaint is the noise level at night. I was on the fifth floor, and it seemed to be just as much a "party floor" as the one actually designated as such. Is there anything that can be done by hotel or ALA staff about this? At the very least, I hope something can be done about loud conversations being held in the hallways at 3 in the morning.
Had you requested a quiet floor? In which case, I apologize for our putting you on so low a floor. I will look into whether the noisy 5th floor party had requested quiet or noisy; if they hadn't requested noisy, I'll have words with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admyr View Post
Registration Limits
It was kind of a hassle this year when I am about to register a week before the con and see a message that says online registration was closed and only a limited number of badges were available on Day 0. I understand why there is a limit - it's common sense that the hotel cannot hold everyone. I just wish I was given ample warning especially since before this year I, and many other people, had the convenience of purchasing a badge at the door on Day 1. I learned my lesson for next year, but it would have been nice to have a more direct warning rather than a message on the ALA front page (direct email via registration info maybe?). I don't really know the answer to this predicament, but I think it is something worth trying to resolve for everyone's benefit.
We normally close registration before the one-week mark anyway, you're really leaving it until the last minute... and we've been telling everyone all year that we have a membership cap. It was on the postcards we mailed out, for example.

I'll take this moment to tell you that next year is PRE-REG ONLY and it's open now on the website. Early Bird rate is $30 and it will never be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
The only thing I can think of right now, for some reason around midnight Saturday-into-Sunday the starfield / milky way light on the patio was turned off, not sure why (if it failed or was planned to be shut off around midnight); was trying to take some photos there.
Huh. I also noticed the lights in the escalators were turned off late at night. Wonder if it's related.
April: Cosplay Sewing Circle (2014-04-15); Anime Conji (starts 2014-04-18)
May: Baycon (starts 2014-05-23)
Hazel Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote