View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #24
Hazel Chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoMimi16 View Post
5. Prop policy. I've been to several cons with extremely tight policies on costumes and props. X.X It's nice to be able to carry a clearly fake chainsaw around without being yelled at. xD
We try to be reasonable, we also try not to make up new rules just to have more rules. Glad it's working out for you.

Quote:
2. Badge checks. I don't know when badge checks are supposed to begin in designated areas but on the pool deck it didn't start until Saturday. I'm sick of seeing people pay good money for a badge so they can enjoy the con and find out later that there were tons of people slipping through the cracks. This happened at a local convention and I'm still angry at the situation. Again I don't know if there are checks on Friday but I wasn't asked for mine until Saturday afternoon.
We checked badges as much as we could, but there are just so many people and so few people doing the checking. Our goal is to double the Operations team to cover that better. It still feels like a game of Whack-a-Mole, though!

Quote:
3. This one isn't the cons responsibility either but I want to voice it. A lot of underage kids getting sexually harassed and lying about their ages. I felt really uncomfortable especially since I've attended panels on "con going" and one of the golden rules is to not hide your actual age. Underage people don't get in trouble but the oblivious adults do.
We're looking into minor/adult badges next year, to help with identifying underage people and to make it that much easier to drop the hammer on the pervs and creeps. Please let your young friends know, that we have an anti-harassment policy and we will take complaints seriously. We tossed out about half a dozen perps during the weekend, but I have no idea how many situations went unreported. (Equally important, don't make a false claim, that'll get you bounced instead.)

Quote:
That's it from my point of view. I plan to attend next year. ^^ Hope everyone had a good time! <3
Pre-register now, we've got a cap and we won't be selling at the door!

-Chaz
April: Cosplay Sewing Circle (2014-04-15); Anime Conji (starts 2014-04-18)
May: Baycon (starts 2014-05-23)
Hazel Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote