View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #2792
cuchinta
1/2 of Jack the Ripper

Name of Commissioner Chergnomebyl Props
Website/C.com gallery http://chergnomebyl.wix.com/chergnomebyl
Character commissioned and series/video game Syaoran Li's sword and sheath from Cardcaptor Sakura and Bee's space sword from Bee and Puppycat
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item Syaoran's sword, Bee's space sword (don't mind the green paper underneath the prop. It's just there to distinguish the pink sword from my pink carpet haha)
Timeline Commissioner was first contacted on Thanksgiving day. The first half of payment was sent the day after. There were a few orders before mine, so those were taken care of first. However, work on both swords was just about done around the end of January. They were sent out around February 17/18 due to bad weather conditions. I just received them today (Feb. 21st). My original deadline was March 5th. So these arrived well before then
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Chergnomebyl was very nice to work with. They were actually doing a holiday special in which I could get an additional free prop if I commissioned within the holiday season. It was definitely something I couldn't pass up. I had gotten Syaoran's sword commissioned for Anime Boston because I knew I wouldn't be able to find time to do it myself. And I also managed to get my sister's space sword for her Bee and Puppycat costume done as well. They were very prompt with replying back to my messages and were very easy to talk to. I kind of wish I could have seen more progress pictures while the props were being made, but I do understand that I never asked them for any and they were not obligated to provide me with them. I was shown pictures when they were finished, so that was fine The weapons themselves are a lot lighter than they look, which definitely helps with material and shipping costs. They were also sent to me via 2 day priority, so they got to my house very quickly. It was a really nice gesture

Final Grade: A
cuchinta is offline   Reply With Quote