View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #31
avachanel

Name of Commissioner: Chergnomebyl Props
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/175867
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): The Buster Sword (prop) as seen with Lightning Farron from Lightning Returns (Cloud Strife DLC)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6582d488.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process) : Contacted in early November for an early May Deadline. Received item on April 24th.
Describe your Experience:
I was looking for a commissioner who could handle creating a prop as big (and tricky) as the Buster Sword, especially if it were to be proportioned to my height (5'9). Did some research on cosplay.com and found Chergnomebyl Props. Their prop commissions looked gorgeous, detailed, and came with nothing but positive reviews. I reached out to them on November 8, 2013, and they were really quick with responses to my questions. They listed the prices and all of my options were I to have the sword made to proportion. It was a bit more than what I wanted to pay, but the transaction seemed fair for what I was asking, and I knew that the quality would be at a high standard judging from previous commissions.

Seeing as how my deadline wasn't until May, I was pretty lax with little communication until I could get the payment through. They were very accommodating in that regard, and assured me that I would receive the item in time.

When I asked for progress photos eventually, they did send some, and kept me updated on the progress of the sword as it was worked to completion. When it was done, I was sent photos of the finished product, and was not disappointed! The sword looked fantastic and true to detail (as seen in the link), and on top of that, it was made with foam, allowing it to be lighter than expected for such a large scale prop. In the end that probably saved me some shipping money, as well as the peace of mind that I would be able to carry it at a convention.

Once shipment payment was cleared, the sword arrived in less than a week with minimal issues (aside from some minor customs and UPS issues, but those were not at the fault of Chergnomebyl Props). I'm happy to say it looks just as good in real life as it does in the pictures. The weight is great, and it's the perfect height. No complaints here whatsoever.

Pros: Extremely quick responses to emails and questions, fair pricing, and great attention to detail! Overall friendly demeanor, and highly accommodating. The whole process was painless, as cosplay commissions should be.

Cons: None whatsoever.

Comments: Highly recommended, and I will definitely be back for future prop commissions!

Final Grade: A+
avachanel is offline   Reply With Quote