View Single Post
Unread 05-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #44
Cave

Name of Commissioner: Coslife Studios
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.coslifestudios.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Ryukitsu from Houshin Engi full costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i.imgur.com/xh1HYTx.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): First contact on December 9th. Cosplay arrived on March 3rd
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros:
Nao is very nice and professional. She was willing to work within my budget. She was always very communicative. It helps that she keeps her Facebook active and whenever she might have some delay, she always mentions it and does work harder to make up for it. I was actually working on moving around the time the costume was finished and she was able to work with me to ensure the package was sent to the right place on time.

The costume overall was done very well. Each cross on the bands was hand painted and looked beautiful. The costume fit perfectly! Despite having some weird pieces, it was really easy to figure out how things went on. The fabric was good quality and stitching was strong.

Cons:
I did see a very few things with room for improvement. There are some loose threads on the part that goes over the neck/shoulders. The design on the front of the dress was done as an iron-on transfer. The transfer actually looks very nice since I was able to provide a high quality image of it, but I wasn't expecting it and wish I had been asked or told beforehand. I do understand though that it is a very complicated design with a bunch of kanji, so I totally understand the justification of the iron on to make sure the accuracy was right. While I do like the color of the skirt, it could have been a shade brighter blue. The zipper on the skirt was a flesh colored zipper. This was not at all a big deal though because it is completely invisible. I just thought it was odd.

The last con was the straps. They were a bit difficult to keep up. I asked Nao about how to best keep them up and she was able to provide me with some good advice which I was able to use.

During the con:
The costume held up perfectly!! It gave me no problems whatsoever and was very comfortable to wear for the day. It was even able to hold up while I jumped around at the concert (though my wig did not as it fell off my head. lol).

Final Grade:
A- Quality costume and great communication, just a few details that could be improved on. I would definitely recommend Coslife studios!
Cave is offline   Reply With Quote