View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #84
Feysera
I'd rather be Lois Lane.

Name of Commissioner: Taiyo Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: Main site , Facebook
Character commissioned and series/video game: Anna from Frozen (Coronation ver.)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: [1] [2]

Timeline:
  • Jan 16: First contacted for quote on full dress. Requested deadline for June 28.
  • Jan 20: Received quote. Placed order, submitted full payment and sent in measurements.
  • Feb 8: Submitted another order to include the necklace. Order accepted and settled
  • Jun 4: Sent email requesting for any progress. Received update the next day.
  • Jun 25: Received email on completion of costume including photos. Costume shipped off the next day.
  • Jun 30: Costume and necklace arrived safely.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

The Good
I dealt mostly with Rylan, lead commissioner of the group. He was always so polite, understanding and accommodating to my requests.

The dress itself is amazing. I loveloveLOVE the materials used and accurate detailing. It's so professionally done and of high quality. Looking at it makes me so happy because it's what I've envisioned it to be. It fits me well, save for the bodice which was far too snug. I gave feedback about this to him and he was very apologetic, admitting his mistake of the fit when constructing it, which I felt was sincere. It's not like I can't wear the bodice at all, but just that I would have to make sure I don't wear it after a full meal.

The Could-Be-Improved
I understand Taiyo is run by a few people and their business handles quite a number of orders, so I don't expect updates like, every two weeks or so. I do think it would be nice to have a better view of the tracking progress though, especially when it's a month to the deadline (I literally don't hear from them for months until I emailed for an update), plus I did paid quite a sum (it's reasonable though!) and it's my first time commissioning them. The page where you can do so on their site doesn't update as regularly as would be helpful. You get better luck on their FB, but that's only slightly better. I only got to see my items ordered when they were completed, a few days from my deadline. Hardly much time to make changes if requested. Fortunately, I didn't see a problem but it was too close for comfort IMO.

I make a habit of setting deadlines for people I commission 1 to 2 weeks before my local con, just in case. So while the items arrived on time for my con, it was after the deadline and again, too close for comfort.

I think Taiyo realised they were handling too many orders so currently they have changed their policy on number of orders they're accepting, so I'd say that's a plus on their part for being responsible.

Final Grade: B+
(I'd still recommend them and I'd commission them again!)
Feysera is offline   Reply With Quote