Thread: Kpop Cosplay
View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #167
SeaWeedHead
Heart of the Cards <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippers View Post
So many people dress up as Lady Gaga, Elvis, and more all the time so why should this be any different? I have seen some websites talking about it being weird (they used one of my photos too) but at a convention I had so many people get excited over it and tell me it was the closest they would ever get to meeting GD.

I hope you do Bom soon, I love her so much
You're right, I guess I never thought of it that way though. I don't understand why some people think it's so weird to cosplay a kpop idol, but then think it's ok to cosplay non-kpop celebs. Like heck, I even went to a con once and someone was randomly dressed as David Bowie and people just thought it was cool. The only thing I can think of is that they believe we have a fetish with these idols just because of their Asian descent, and although that may be the case for a slight few, it's definitely not the case for most of us.

But I'm sorry such a rude thing happened to you (with them using your picture and all), but that's awesome that you've received so much love at cons from people who understood! And thank you for the kind words! Hopefully I'll do Bom soon, she's one of my favs <3

2017 Cons

AnimeNEXT
Anime USA
SeaWeedHead is offline   Reply With Quote