View Single Post
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #64139
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
That sounds pretty harsh (back when I was in uni, you could have guests in halls for up to 2 nights as long as you filled in a form).
That is the case if I stay in a residence hall, but it's cheaper and I've got more kitchen access (a diet of cafeteria food for eight months? No.) If I live in an off-campus shared house. I dunno how it works in the UK for living away from home during post-secondary school, but usually the student can either live in the school residence halls (usually getting a bedroom, small bathrom and sometimes a kitchenette, and , which may or may not be shared with another student), or off-campus in a house rented and shared by several students (usually four per house. Bedroom's your own but the rest of it's shared). If you're really rolling in dough a private apartment, but I've met a grand total of one student who had that kind of money. And Toronto rent is really steep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote