View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2009, 05:02 AM   #23
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Oh man... I'm old, and I do have fancy pants qualifications... but because I'm so old, I'm too damned lazy to do anything other than answer your questions! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danacyrus View Post
1. What do people want to see at a Anime Ball? What do you imagine should be there?
As a Ball, there really doesn't have to be anything other than food and music. I suppose you could have a costume competition, if you needed to centre it around an event?
It'd be a pain acquiring permissions to play any anime for screenings... so yeah, I'd just run it like a big party.
Have you thought about having a theme for it?

Quote:
2. How much would you be willing to pay for entry (includes, entry, food, drinks, prizes etc...)
For something that offers a meal, I think $30~$40 would be totally acceptable. But then again, a lot of Brisbane cosplayers are still in school, so cheap as possible is good!

Quote:
3. What do you think the turn out would be like in Brisbane?
ADVERTISE!!! Get a website, and spam every Australian con/cosplay forum around; print flyers and posters, and get them into every comic/geek shop around the place. Get the word out, and get people excited - otherwise you're just going to have all the regulars show up... like me.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote