View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #335
Anstice
Mostly Harmless

Name of Commissioner: nugrosjp
Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplay1.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): An over shirt for a Yu-Gi-Oh character
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item- None as of yet, I'll find a camera somewhere.
Timeline (how long your order took to process)- Received quote July 10th, costume received August 10th
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros: I hard nothing but good things coming from them and after looking at the thread, I was confident that the costume was going to be exceptional. The stitching is immaculate, it's lined, made out of good material. The replies were very prompt and I got the shirt earlier than expected even with the complications. Super cool.

Cons: To start, was the mix up of costumes. August 7th, I received someone else’s costume. Upon e-mail, I discovered that the wrong address was put on each different costume, meaning someone else got my costume. I figured fine, the costume is going to be excellent, so I went to the post office and dropped an additional thirty dollars to get a nicer box, pay for shipping insurance, plus the standard shipping fee (the other person had a full three piece costume commissioned, hence it cost a bit more to ship.)

When I tried the costume on, I was very disappointed. The sleeves went past my elbow and the rest of it went down to my knees. I provided loads of reference pictures and my measurements were exact. Upon e-mailing them, I was told that I could go to a tailor and have it hemmed. I may be a sewing newbie, but I know enough that hemming is going to cost more than I initially paid for the costume considering it is more than five inches too long.

Yesterday, I got an e-mail saying that the person I sent the costume to has not got it yet. Right now, there are is a lot of stuff going on and having extra stress over this mix-up really isn’t the best thing in the world.

Overall: I am disappointed. This whole ordeal has really put me off of comissioning anything in the future. However, I understand no one is perfect so some error is to be expected; the mix up isn't entirely their fault.

Final Grade: B-

Last edited by Anstice : 08-18-2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Changed the grade