View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I tried hand embroidering a crapload willow leaves for a furisode (as well as various insects and ridiculously detailed water lilies), and I got too fed up with it and never finished it after getting about half done over the course of six months(one example)- http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2375960/

So yah. If you don't have amazing patience for repetitive figures, I vote applique with stitched edges. Maybe embroider in the "veins", too, to look moe 3D.

Also, www.voguefabricsstore.com has LOADS of satins. And really well priced. (My Schala cosplay's duchesse satin was 8.99 a yard for 60" wide fabric. And I needed eleven metres of it. X_X)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote