View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #712
PenguinCheese

Name of Commissioner: superchinaseller (eBay)
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/superchinaseller
Character commissioned and series/video game: Aerith - Kingdom Hearts 2 - Full costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingdom-Hearts-C...713.m153.l1262 (I'll put pictures of my actual dress up later, but I'll just say they look EXACTLY like the shop photo)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 2 weeks from payment to arrival - very fast!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I'll start by saying I was very wary of buying from an eBay costume commisioner. I don't normally buy from outside the US either for customs reasons - I wouldn't want any trouble with them being held up. But I fell wholly in love with Aerith's dress from KH2 and decided finally to give superchinaseller a try. They had mostly good feedback peppered with a few negative comments, but I decided theirs looked best, so I bought from them. The dress cost $110 which was reasonable enough for a custom made costume, but right after I'd purchased it, I began to dread what might happen. What if I got a crappy low quality costume? There'd be no turning back. So the second I bought it, I began seeking backup costumes. Almost 2 weeks passed and I emailed them to ask about the progress and was promptly answered that it would ship in 2 days. Sure enough, 2 days later, my tracking number appeared in my email. I shivered with antici....pation. And today it arrived! I first noticed the quality material - no crappy costume satin - the whole dress was made of beautiful, soft, bright crepe material, sewn together beautifully, and best of all (which you can't see in the shop photo), the shirt and skirt were trimmed with beautiful ribbon with metallic thread woven through it. I tried it on - it had been made just for me! (Well, one part was a tiny bit too big, but I think I measured in the wrong spot. No big deal, nothing a quick alteration can't fix.) There were a few TINY flaws: the bust was a tiny big too big and the skirt was unhemmed but neither was worth me being even slightly disappointed. The costume was high quality, the seller's communication was excellent (even if their English wasn't), and it had obviously been made exactly to my specifications. A fantastic experience, I will DEFINITELY buy from them again.
Final Grade: A+ - I would give it a higher grade if possible. I suggest them, at the very least for their Aerith costume. =)

Last edited by PenguinCheese : 04-02-2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Fixed link