Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 305 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 06-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
Blue Eternity
Hai! XO

J-rock Hairstyles

Umm, first off, if this is the wrong thread (like should it go in the hair and wig forums? Not sure, sorry!) please tell me so I can post it there... or move it. x.x;

I'm getting my hair cut in a few weeks, and I'm thinking if something a little j-rockish or something... but I can't find a site or anything that has hairstyles on it. =\
Right now basically I'm just kind of scared that it'll look bad (barber person cut it all wrong), last time I didn't like my haircut I cried for about 3 days straight. @_@; I was very unhappy. ;_;

This is kind of a silly questiong to ask, but does anyone have a site that has some j-rock styles on it? I would love you forever. XD

My hair is fairly-dark brown (natural, I can't really dye it though... mum wouldn't like that o.o; ) and thick, kind wavy and about 3-4 inches past my shoulders. ^^; (if i can get a pic, I'll post it. =3 lol)

Thankyou! ^___^

Grace

Current project(s)...
  • Sailor Mercury - 30%
  • Ouka (anime .hack//DUSK) - 55%
  • Meroko (Full Moon wo Sagashite) - 100%

Biggest rule of cosplay = Have fun. <3
And, cosplay is expensive

Blue Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #2
Senko-chan

well I you would have to straighten it. But just get something with a lot of choppy layers and jagged bangs. You dont really need the bangs but it helps to look more "Jrock"
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
Deathfire
Eats Stars

This is not really a helpful tip or anything, but try and play with the hair you already have and see if you can find a j-rock style in the hair you already have! ^-^ I did it with myself, XD and I discovered a bit of a j-rockness to my hair! lol, but if you want a specific hairstyle, just look around at band pictures, and find one that's well suited for your own hair, so that when you get it cut, it doesn't look hideous. ^^' I've gotten inspiration from Kozi's hairstyles back in his Malice Mizer days! XD
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
Blue Eternity
Hai! XO

Okay... I've got a hair cut set for Saturday. @_@ lol, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it very much. Actually, I'd love you forever lol. XD
Oh yus... I forgot to mention... I have a natural side part. It dosn't go any other way. >_<;

But attached are some pics of me. I just took them, so yeah... not the most flattering lol but they show my hair. XD They show me with my glasses and without. Please no mean comments though. x_x; *Swt* Thank you!

Mucho love!
Grace

Current project(s)...
  • Sailor Mercury - 30%

Last edited by Blue Eternity : 06-28-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Unread 06-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #5
MadCadaver
Model, designer, artist.

You have... beautiful hair. You can do so much with it (that I certainly cannot).

http://aseriana.net/direngrey/images/imgtotchi/31.jpg <333

Your hair already seems to do this:
http://aseriana.net/direngrey/images/imgtotchi/47.jpg

But you probably wouldn't want it too short. I'd definitely try angled bangs if you aren't afraid of getting bangs - like me. o<;;

It would be helpful to know how much you were willing to cut off.

I cut my hair recently this short:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...diruheart2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t/P1260052.jpg

I still wanted enough to manipulate, but I can only put the back in a ponytail. My advice: Cut it shorter than my wannabe bangs towards the back. You want the front to be either shorter/longer than the rest of your hair. To me, it's a pain in the ass that the front's so short, cuz it won't go into a pony tail. But shorter hair is much easier to manipulate and make more jrock-ish.

Last edited by MadCadaver : 06-05-2006 at 07:05 PM.
MadCadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #6
Blue Eternity
Hai! XO

Oh wow... Thank you. ^_^ *le internet hugs* =3

I would LOVE to cut it short... but it isn't as pretty short. I did not like it as much as I do long. ._. Attached is a pic of my hair when it was short about 2ish years ago lol. It's an uglarish pic, no make-up because I didn't ware it back then >_>... It's also not straightened, that's how wavy it is naturally but it dose get straight when I use the iron. =P but yeah lol. It gives you an idea. ^^;

What I was thinking of doing was cutting it so it is about a half an inch above my shoulders and getting a lot of layers that are feathered and thinned (I've got thick hair ._.)
I can't decide if I'll get bangs though. I REALLY love Senko-chan's haircut and color (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=689564) *Mew please don't think it is creepy, I'm not a stalker, I just really, really love you're hair @_@* I probably would have to staighten it everyday to get it to look that that, but that isn't that big of a problem. I'm just scared it'll look bad lol. That's why I'm cutting it at the end of the schoolyear, it can grow over summer *nodnodnod*.

Thank you everyone and sorry for the long post. *Fingers die from typing* >_>; lol

Grace

Current project(s)...
  • Sailor Mercury - 30%

Last edited by Blue Eternity : 06-28-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Unread 06-09-2006, 06:46 AM   #7
MadCadaver
Model, designer, artist.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Eternity

I would LOVE to cut it short... but it isn't as pretty short. I did not like it as much as I do long. ._. Attached is a pic of my hair when it was short about 2ish years ago lol. It's an uglarish pic, no make-up because I didn't ware it back then >_>... It's also not straightened, that's how wavy it is naturally but it dose get straight when I use the iron. =P but yeah lol. It gives you an idea. ^^;

What I was thinking of doing was cutting it so it is about a half an inch above my shoulders and getting a lot of layers that are feathered and thinned (I've got thick hair ._.)
I can't decide if I'll get bangs though. I REALLY love Senko-chan's haircut and color (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=689564) *Mew please don't think it is creepy, I'm not a stalker, I just really, really love you're hair @_@* I probably would have to staighten it everyday to get it to look that that, but that isn't that big of a problem. I'm just scared it'll look bad lol. That's why I'm cutting it at the end of the schoolyear, it can grow over summer *nodnodnod*.

Thank you everyone and sorry for the long post. *Fingers die from typing* >_>; lol

Grace
...You have thick hair? Mwahahaha.

There's a lot I gotta do to avoid triangle hair, my hair... stands funny. And wow. She does have cool hair. lol What I think may be the "issue" with yours, though, is that it's very,very soft - and just kinda lays flat. I wish mine would do that, even straightened. Just... use a lot of hairspray, I guess. Now I have something in my summer to look forward to... Ya gonna dye it?
Unread 06-09-2006, 12:08 PM   #8
wordstoasong

teehee!
My mom cut mine [just to even it all out] Now the bottom of my hiar is fluffy, which I sorta don't like. I'm chaning mine to look like Reita's [from Gazette]. Gotta dye my hair blonde and I'm set!
Good luck with your hiar cut! Show some pics later on!
wordstoasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #9
Blue Eternity
Hai! XO

Oh! Silly me I forgot to say that I straightened it. XD lol It's actually wavey naturally. =) Here, look at this pic. Kinda old, I still have my hightlights but yeah. ^^
http://myspace-493.vo.llnwd.net/0039...96220493_l.jpg

Tomorrow I get it cut! I'm so scared of how it'll look but like... I'm excited at the same time. *-* lol. I think I'll get bangs and a lot of choppy razored and feathered edges. I hope it looks good... @_@ I will post pics though. ^_^

I can't get it dyed this time, but I probably am going to dye it darker again back to my natural dark brown. The highlights didn't really go away last time I dyed over them, so I'm trying again. =)

Thank you everyone! I'd still love some input though. <3 *le love*

Grace

Current project(s)...
  • Sailor Mercury - 30%

Unread 06-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #10
FilthyWarumono
Japanese Fxxker

I need a new style and I can't decide x___X XD </random>

I will scream as much as I want and if my voice dies, then let my voice die。
~悪者 Warumono
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not。
And if you aren't hated, you aren't doing shit。
FilthyWarumono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #11
Blue Eternity
Hai! XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyWarumono
I need a new style and I can't decide x___X XD </random>
Lol welome to the club! XD I really needed one too... Lots of people told me not to cut mine too. @_@ I'm scared it'll look bad heh... Ah well. It's got the summer to grow. XD

Good luck chooseing your new style though. ^__^

Current project(s)...
  • Sailor Mercury - 30%

Unread 06-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #12
dark_mousy
The Dramatic Mousy!

Awwe goodluck. I can't wait to see how your hair turns out. x3
☆コスプレイ☆

Anime Vegas 2007
Misato : Evangelion
Anime Expo & Otakon 2008
Sailor Pluto : Sailor Moon
Gum : Get Grind Radio
Misato : Evangelion
Still in consideration 2008
Seth : Trinity Blood
Gabriel : Angel Sanctuary
Miwako : Paradise Kiss
Towa : DNAngel
Others [?]

Upcoming Conventions
Anime Expo 2007
Anime Vegas 2007
AUSA 2007 [?]
dark_mousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 08:59 AM   #13
dieddead46
Keeper of the light

Hey. I want my hair done like this http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/3v4-9.jpg
But Im nost sure what colours I should have put in it. Naturally my hairs pretty dark brown so I dont really wanna go with anything uber blond since Ive got dark eyes and eyebrows, but I wouldnt mind a bit of blonde in there somewhere. Any suggestions?
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #14
Deathfire
Eats Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieddead46
Hey. I want my hair done like this http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/3v4-9.jpg
But Im nost sure what colours I should have put in it. Naturally my hairs pretty dark brown so I dont really wanna go with anything uber blond since Ive got dark eyes and eyebrows, but I wouldnt mind a bit of blonde in there somewhere. Any suggestions?
Wow, that's a cute pic! ^^ tee hee

Well, most J-rockers go down the route of highlighting parts of their hair. Most Japanese indies bands do that sort of thing. And since you have brown hair, you can play around with it all you want! Blonde is always the best to put in as highlights b/c it contrasts with yoiur brown hair. Or maybe you can put in red or orange highlights, or do a combination of all three! If you want a sharper look, try and dye all of your hair black and then do the highlights.
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #15
Senko-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Eternity

Grace

XD No I don't think you're a stalker. I'm actually quite honored. >.>;; yeeeeeeah I did my hair myself so none of my layers are even, I prefur it that way but sometimes it's really annoying. Yeah, I straighten my hair almost daily >.< I too have thick hair. What a pain it is.
<3
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote