Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Castlevania Cosplay = Best in Show Workmanship (tie with Tournament) at CC24!!

List of winners and pictures of the masquerade, hall costumes, etc. forthcoming as soon as we can process them and get 'em up.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2006, 03:01 AM   #2
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I anxiously await photos! Then I can fangirl over them later. Can't wait to see what was shown this year!

Geez, now I feel silly. But the countdown can begin, as CC24 has past! And I am *really* looking forward to meeting you guys among others not from your group.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

If you want to see what one shot of the group looks like, you can go here:

http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost...y.php?cat=3151

(we can thank Didjiman for the teasers!)

It includes a couple of other shots as well, but there is one of our group, which includes the following characters:

Saeto as Leon Belmont
Karisu as Joachim Armster
Chibiko as Young Sara Trantoul
Dany as Alucard (yeah, I was the oddball who was not a LoI character!)
Lance Ikegawa as Cornell the Werewolf

Also, I should mention that Grandis was also at the Con, and won a workmanship award for wigwork on her Belldandy costume. YAY

2013 Events:
Animation on Display, San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Fanime, Japan Expo USA

http://www.2dmanor.com
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
Gravely

CastleVania was great to see.
The title of the post is a bit confusing tho, as Castlevania tied for best in show for workmanship. with "Tournament" also shown on the page Dany linked.
Tournament also won Best in Show presentation, which at a CC is Best in Show period.
Castlevania also tied for best in class Master with Haiku, an original design from Jacqui Ward.

Lance's werewolf was just a wonderful thing to see.
Saeto's armour for Belmont was unlike any other ever seen at a costume-con.

The whole thing was just awesome.

Gravely

Gravely
owner of Castle Blood the most interactive, costume friendly haunted house anywhere.
Co-Chair Costume-Con 27 ( 2009) Baltimore,Maryland
Cosplay Guest of Honor, Anime North, Toronto, May 2009,2010
founding president NJ/NY chapter ICG
2004 recipient ICG Lifetime Achievement Award
http://www.facebook.com/gravely.maccabre
Gravely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

"Tournament" absolutely rocked, and I want to steal those costumes and armor and the cool prop guns (well, OK, the outfit that I estimate probably would fit me best heightwise has a bit much pink on it for my taste - but hey, its awesomeness yet outranks "pinkishness", so... ). I've already berated Didjiman for not getting more closeup shots of the incredible details!!! (ie: checkerboard patterns both straight and flared, little trim bits, et al. Much love. )

"Haiku" I adored. Some of my favorite color combinations, and Jacqui's costumes are always lots more than meets the eye, even after what meets the eye is already mindblowingly gorgeous.

My profound apologies, there was no intention to slight any other contestants or winners - I have clarified more the title of this thread, which was posted in haste the night after the Masque, where I was already exhausted and quite sick to my stomach and mostly was trying to make sure "cosplay" got into the title somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To the point -

Dany has already outed me as part of the Castlevania group, but this thread was never meant to be a comprehensive list of what and who won what, merely a "Lookie, Cosplay can do well at Costume Con!"

I am already in the process of composing a comprehensive list of entrants and winners which I intend to link directly to photos of the costumes, just as I did for Anime LA in January.

That thread will list all awards in full to the best of my ability, though I will as is customary in Cosplay post either Cosplay aliases or last name initials instead full legal names, unless I receive permission or requests to use people's legal names on this forum. (Though I'm pretty sure that people who have been going by their full legal names in the costuming community for many years probably would consider it's safe and useful publicity as well to do so, I am used to erring on the side of caution in the Internet age - forgive me.)

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 06-02-2006 at 06:17 AM.
Unread 06-02-2006, 01:20 AM   #6
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

FWIW, 4 days later I am still quite brain-dead and still sick to my stomach, so if anything looks wrong please don't hesitate to call me on it! ^^
Unread 06-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

Yeah, I had to look up Lance to see what he was going under before plopping his name in there. I'm all like "OK, there's gotta be something...."

Thank you, Google

2013 Events:
Animation on Display, San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Fanime, Japan Expo USA

http://www.2dmanor.com
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #8
Oselle
Froufaholic

Woohoohoohoo! I am eagerly awaiting more photos as well, and REALLY excited to be planning for CC25.

...and also a little nervous about competing; what amazing workmanship!

Congratulations to the award winning c.com'ers, absolutely beautiful work.
Unread 06-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #9
Buddycat
Assistant ICG Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oselle
Woohoohoohoo! I am eagerly awaiting more photos as well, and REALLY excited to be planning for CC25.

...and also a little nervous about competing; what amazing workmanship!

Congratulations to the award winning c.com'ers, absolutely beautiful work.
Cool. C'mon over and say "hi"! I just posted an update.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives

Also visit the International Costumers Gallery: http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
Buddycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #10
Lady Kathleen o
Maker of Fyne Attyre

I have to say that the SciFi/Fantasy Masqurade rocked!!! All the entries were winners!! No wonder the Judges had a bitch of a time. Excellence like this is hard to judge!! Even I had a hard time determining who would take what!!