Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
konfuzed_gaara
Confused little puppeh

Cool Embarassing cosplay moments

So I thought I would make this to make sure I dont make them this year. (first time) and bad things that happened with your costume or like you lost a piece to it. or anything like that. Please share your experiences.

I was making my gaara sash for my gaara costume I am wearing to Otakon and I had another pile with the pants and my headband and my mom threw it out. so now I need to spend another 20 dollars and remake the pants.

Unread 12-21-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
Leenus

Experiance/advice-
advice1- make sure the person your having sewing your cosplay knows what their doing.
advice2- Avoid clumsy/Klutzy people during photos and hallways.
Exsperiance- During a group photo shoot (cant believe im telling this) well just right before the camera went off I had another person standing beside me just hardly bump me then fell bacwards the hem of my skirt was caught onto his belt and it was like the skirt unraveled in slow mo. from my past exsperiances these things should not happen to properly sewn clothes needless to say I needed to find a bathroom quick to escape the cameras XD horrible day in my cosplay life......no lie....
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
Iloveknives
Team Jasper!

Me and my friends were at ani-magic 2006 when some guy wanted to take a group picture... so my other friend out of no where yell's out and I MEAN YELL'S "PERVERT" ..... when those words came out of her mouth I was just utterly embarrsed.. you can just imagen how she felt afterwards he yelled at her..

Anime L.A

Anime Expo

Ani-magic

I claim Sergei Dragunov at the claiming thread
Iloveknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #4
konfuzed_gaara
Confused little puppeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveknives View Post
Me and my friends were at ani-magic 2006 when some guy wanted to take a group picture... so my other friend out of no where yell's out and I MEAN YELL'S "PERVERT" ..... when those words came out of her mouth I was just utterly embarrsed.. you can just imagen how she felt afterwards he yelled at her..
That must have sucked.
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
CherryBomb
Here to devour your moon

On the subject of picture taking..
Some guy came up to me with his camera asking me something and motioning it towards me, So I step back, hand my stuff to my sister and proceed to get into my pose (one that involved my eyes closed). After a while of standing in the middle of the walkway with my arms out, I notice no flash going off and I hear my sister say " You dummy, He wants you to take a picture of him!" I was just like "Oh!..uh..Ok!" and I took his picture. I felt so stupid.

Lesson: LISTEN to people when they are asking you questions, don't assume they all want a picture of you. -_-;
CherryBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #6
Iloveknives
Team Jasper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfuzed_gaara View Post
That must have sucked.
It really did... this was my face after he yelled at her

but me and my nicer friend found him and apoligized alot..

Anime L.A

Anime Expo

Ani-magic

Unread 12-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
Iloveknives
Team Jasper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
Some guy came up to me with his camera asking me something and motioning it towards me, So I step back, hand my stuff to my sister and proceed to get into my pose (one that involved my eyes closed). After a while of standing in the middle of the walkway with my arms out, I notice no flash going off and I hear my sister say " You dummy, He wants you to take a picture of him!" I was just like "Oh!..uh..Ok!" and I took his picture. I felt so stupid.

Lesson: LISTEN to people when they are asking you questions, don't assume they all want a picture of you. -_-;
That really sucks... I know how that feels.. >_<

Anime L.A

Anime Expo

Ani-magic

Unread 12-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #8
konfuzed_gaara
Confused little puppeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post

That must have stunk X_X
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
Phantom Pirate
Klokateer

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=843058

The (thankfully) only existing picture of me in my previous-version sucktacular Ash costume. I'm actually extremely embarrassed that I actually wore it...
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #10
konfuzed_gaara
Confused little puppeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Pirate View Post
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=843058

The (thankfully) only existing picture of me in my previous-version sucktacular Ash costume. I'm actually extremely embarrassed that I actually wore it...
It actually doesnt look that bad, I did one and I did horribly on the gloves and hat.
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:43 PM   #11
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Nver try to dance in a skit while wearing a skirt and fall down revealing *blushes* legs.
This was in2004 when my buddies and I were in a skit that needed a small funny dance and my freind who played pharoah fell backwards. She tried to hold something but caught my cape and i fell too.

So yeah it was embarassing having a skirt on and falling atop of my friend. *blushes* expecially during a skit.
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:26 PM   #12
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

THE BUTT-CROTCH RIPPED.

. . .

I'll explain.

I ran out of thread in the bobbin when I was sewing the crotch to my Riku pants, and I guess I didn't sew it back up properly, because it came apart. Thank God that the pants were so bloody baggy that no one noticed. >< I was mortified. Completely mortified.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #13
TR Rose
Meowing About

Lesson learned: check the soles of your costume shoes on all different surfaces.

I did a walk-on at A-Kon two years ago as Raichu, and I slipped (I guess some of my shoecover fabric had gotten glued under the shoe itself) and fell right on my butt.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #14
Iloveknives
Team Jasper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
Lesson learned: check the soles of your costume shoes on all different surfaces.

I did a walk-on at A-Kon two years ago as Raichu, and I slipped (I guess some of my shoecover fabric had gotten glued under the shoe itself) and fell right on my butt.
Another shoe lesson..

when wearing combat boots make sure to double on socks... I went to ani-magic with short socks thinking they were going to handle all day where... I was Very wrong about that by the time I got back to my hotel I had a bloody toe.. (gross ) but now I know to where 2 pairs of socks... hopefully some one will learn from hurt feet.. lol

Anime L.A

Anime Expo

Ani-magic

Unread 12-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #15
~ashe~ffxii
Lady Ashe

Last year me and a friend went to a convention and she was all mad at me cause I was too shy to ask people if I could take a picture so as we came to the basement I saw some one with a really cool costume of a character me and my friend like so out of no where I asked"Can I take a picture of you!" and what I really meant to say was "Can I take and picture of your costumes"because both this guy and his friend had awesome costumes. They agreed anyways but I forgot to show them there picture and I was looking to see if the picture came up so it looked like I was staring at it for a long time and I made them miss the elevator so that probly made them mad but it came right after and my friend was giggle so much that she was hiding her face behind the booklet she had and I had this stupid huge smile on my face. And even worse when they left me and my friend turned the corner and started giggle and my friend was saying"thank you for finally taking a picture"and we were just acting so girly it was horrible and we realized there were people there all this time then we ran away.lol it may not sound that bad but still.
Saturday- Female Alto Saotome / Leo (Dance- Meiko/Sheryl Nome)
Sunday- Daenerys / Elie

http://o0ladyashe0o.deviantart.com/
~ashe~ffxii is offline   Reply With Quote