Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1077 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #31
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

List updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #32
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Name of Commissioner: Rain Miko
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.chibifiedcosplay.com/
Character and services: Near (Death Note) - Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
just wig: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=944853
me w/ wig on: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=952068
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Contacted her in October with a deadline of March. Got the wig in early January.
Pros: Use of a contract and I love the % completion thing on her website. That way, I can tell progress is being made on my commission with out having to email for an update. Communication was excellent. Sent me pics of the wig throughout the process and before shipping to get my opinion and to see if there way anything more I'd like to have done. Always responded promptly to emails. Very courteous and professional.
Cons: Doesn't accept payment via paypal. Not a huge deal, but I like it better than sending checks in the mail.
Final Grade:A
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #33
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 03-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #34
Vasyenka
Optimistic Antagonist~

Name of Commissioner: "Yinyinc's Closet"

Website/C.com:
http://stores.ebay.com/Yinyincs-Clos...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Character commissioned and series/video game: Freya/Dark Chii (Chobits). Dress, gloves, head accessory, collar, thigh highs.

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/81506/

Timeline: Two weeks~

Describe your Experience: Commissioner was quick to respond to e-mails. Very friendly, and the costume arrived not only quicker then I expected, but was also constructed in very good quality. The costume fit just right, and they even included extra buttons with the costume~ :3

Final Grade: A+
Ratonhnhaké:ton (Assassin's Creed III)
Miyu (Kyuuketsuhime Miyu)
Rin Matsuoka (Free!)
Carlos the Scientist (Welcome to Night Vale)
Vasyenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #35
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! ^^
Unread 03-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #36
Yo-Yo
I Love Lamp

Name of Commissioner: Trigonsson
Website/C.com gallery: http://forums.cosplay.com/member/24700
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Yo-Yo wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1012380
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 2-3 weeks
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: GREAT communication, incredibly secure shipping (Lol, nig box, small head, LOTS O' FOAM & PAPER xD)
Final Grade: A+
Comments: He even gave me instructions on how to wear it the right way according to his design. I'm wearing it right now! :'D~
Unread 03-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #37
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 03-16-2007, 03:54 AM   #38
4ng31
meh.

I just wanted to remind people to post bad reviews as well...we don't need a thread full of positive reviews (although it is helpful).

Also, this should be stickied...and/or moved as the commissioners not to go to thread has turned to trash....it's basically 60 pages of he said/she said now...this is actually a very helpful thread, and is much "cleaner" than the other mentioned thread.

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I felt it was important

Okay, I'll include another review...one that I'm still pretty pissed about...

Name of Commissioner :

Company Name - Fire N Ice Anime
Individiual Name - Veronica Shockly and/or Ayami Shockly
E-Mail Tags - Glaygirl

Website/C.com:

www.fireniceanime.com (No longer exists...went down right after I got scammed)

Character commissioned and series/video game:

Shinji Plugsuit - Neon Genesis Evangelion

There are none...seeing as I never got the costume...

Timeline:

Never...

Describe your Experience:

Lets see...things started off great...communication was fast, and they stayed in talks even after payment was received ($300). Then a week before the due date I was told it was finished and shipped...come due date, I get this...

Quote:
We have a problem. On Monday it will be resolved. I have been refunded my shipping funds (which I know does you no good). However, my wife went to ship the package for me and normally things go fine and well as she normally is the one to pack and ship all of the costumes and merchandise we sell. However, she claims she told the postal worker that she had not filled out the address label yet (it only had our address pre-printed onto it) but yours was to be written. Well, apparently the postal worker put OUR address on the delivery space as well, I received a pink slip stating I had a package. I was wondering what could have been mailed to me as I am not expecting any shipments in for another 2 weeks. Upon arriving guess what I find .. your package. My wife contacted the office immediatly and they made her fill out some paper work and gave a shipping refund. The package had been mailed out priority but the postal worker had assured us that it would arrive to you in 2 days (before the 5th) they explained to my wife that express would have only saved 1 day, but both would arrive before the deadline.
I am trying to fight for any other reimbursements that can be made for this inconvenience. But I wont be able to find anything out until Monday. Your package will be shipped out again immediately, and I will personally do it.
We can also offer you a 15% discount off of your next cosplay outfit, if you do chose to purchase any other costumes from us. I humbly apologize for this happening. We have always maintained a great reputation with customers and this really leaves a bad reputation from us to you.
I will also have photos of your armor on the website within the next couple days...but hopefully the actual costume itself will be to you before then!

I am deeply sorry
A total BS story...

Final Grade: F

The reason I post this review is so that people will know NOT to deal with this bitch if she ever tries to do commissions again. So please Kanira, in your list, could you include the old site name, her name, and her e-mail tag, it would probably be the most helpful.

Last edited by 4ng31 : 03-16-2007 at 04:11 AM.
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2007, 04:02 AM   #39
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

You are forgiven xD It is less of a complication if this thread has the occasional conversation, given the layout we're using, as opposed to the sister thread.

You and your sneaky stealth-edits.
Updated!

Last edited by Kanira : 03-16-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #40
Pretty_Kitty
Lost in space....

Name of Commissioner: Buggirl2002 / The White Peacock (eBay store name)
Email: buggirl2002@sbcglobal.net
Character commissioned: Custom EGL Dress (just the dress)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://i8.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/7b/1e/9d_1_b.JPG (Don't have an actual picture, but it looks just like this.)
Timeline: February 2005 - September 2005
Pros: I can't even find a pro for this child.
Cons: Where do I begin...Uses cheap material. Lies about making custom dresses, everything is done through a manufacture. Just see comments.
Comments: This is another example of an eBay seller with high feedback, but is actually a crook. When I first started getting into EGL dresses I asked emailed her personally to have a custom made EGL dress done by her. I asked that the base dress be the same as the one shown above, however with extra things added to it. A pink bow in the back, a different colored lace around the sleeves and hem of the dress. Also, some other things that I can't remember at this time. The transaction started off nicely. She emailed me back promptly with a nicely priced quote. I paid in full in Feb and was given a bunch of BS after that. In Mar she emailed me asking me to choose between a factory made dress or a hand made dress. Since this was supposed to be custom made I chose hand made. After that I heard nothing from her until I emailed in May asking if my dress was finished she replyed with this:

Quote:
I should have recieved a sample by now from the
factory I have been working with, but they have not
gotten back to me yet, and it's not like I have not
been nagging them at least twice a week. I have asked
that they get the sample to me by friday or the deal
is off. if they do not comply I can make your costume
by hand over the weekend.
After that I heard nothing from her again. The dress was due in June. I sent numerous emails to her after June asking about the dress. In August a week after my convention I got a package from her of one of her regular dresses that she pimps on eBay. With NONE of the custom adjustments I paid for. On her eBay page she promised the dress are made out of sturdy material (Though she has taken that promise down because many people have sent her complaints.). The dress she sent me was some stretchy, cheap ass fabric. I sent her numerous emails asking for my money back with NO reply back from her. She's still on eBay pimping these cheap dresses and PROMISING people that she can do custom made ones. She's a liar, and a thief. I wouldn't recommend her to my worse enemy.

Final Grade: F

Seeya At!

Last.fm * Live Journal
Cherry Blossom Tree Festival / Otakon 10' / AUSA 10'
Random Lolita Outfits
Pretty_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #41
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 03-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #42
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Edit: Wtf, 10 minute delayed double post. That's impressive.
Unread 03-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #43
Leitha
POTATO DAISUKI!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka BMz View Post
I just wanted to remind people to post bad reviews as well...we don't need a thread full of positive reviews (although it is helpful).

Also, this should be stickied...and/or moved as the commissioners not to go to thread has turned to trash....it's basically 60 pages of he said/she said now...this is actually a very helpful thread, and is much "cleaner" than the other mentioned thread.
I agree on both parts! Bad reviews and a sticky. I like to know who to go to as well as who to avoid. Even if you never recieved your item (which I see some people have already posted about) ^_^.

This is actually one of my favorite threads on the board and I enjoy reading about the experiences people have. I recently recieved an outfit from Hunny Lee and will post my experience with her sometime in late May since that's when I'll really get a feel for how well the costume handled
Leitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #44
Kakashi101
Fangirl with teeth

Name of Commissioner: Anna!
Website/C.com gallery: http://members.cosplay.com/member/16615/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Summoner Yuna. Whole shabang ex Wand and Earring (Even though she offerd to make those too)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=973707
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Little less or more than 2 weeks.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Wonderful, and I've made a new friend from it XD! She was quick, posted pics almost everyday. Did one of the best dying jobs on the sleeves I've ever seen too. Everything fit to the key point.
Final Grade: A+++
Comments: She even gave me instructions on how to wash it and S&H was cheap, and so was the whole commision. Love ya Anna!
Unread 03-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #45
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi101 View Post
Name of Commissioner: Anna!
Website/C.com gallery: http://members.cosplay.com/member/16615/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Summoner Yuna. Whole shabang ex Wand and Earring (Even though she offerd to make those too)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=973707
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Little less or more than 2 weeks.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Wonderful, and I've made a new friend from it XD! She was quick, posted pics almost everyday. Did one of the best dying jobs on the sleeves I've ever seen too. Everything fit to the key point.
Final Grade: A+++
Comments: She even gave me instructions on how to wash it and S&H was cheap, and so was the whole commision. Love ya Anna!
Oh, wow, that's nice! Does she have a website or anything?
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote