Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #91
OphanimGunner
50919 Tokunaga Shoudai

Name of Commissioner: Cocosilverhk

Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/cocosilverhk

Character commissioned and series: Kadaj from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Jacket)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...4&member=26854

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Was an auction for a custom-fitted Kadaj costume. Took two weeks to sew and four days to arrive (I paid $10 extra for the quick shipping) after the auction ended.

Pros: Pretty decent communication, though some replies took a few days. I understand she has a normal life outside of making costumes. The sewing is AMAZING, and the details on the front and back of the jacket are just... wow. I was pretty speechless when I got it. So pretty. O_O She actually started working on my costume before the auction ended. ^_^ Also, when you pay for four day shipping, you GET four day shipping. All my measurements were taken into consideration and the jacket fits me perfectly. I can't tell you enough how much I love this costume.

Cons: The inside isn't lined, but I'm pretty sure I would die if it was. Still, the pleather backing irritates my skin and I have to wear a button up long sleeved shirt under the jacket. But this could be blamed on a personal issue. When zipped all the way up, the collar is a little too high and makes it uncomfortable, but I never wear the costume that way (unless I'd dress as Yazoo). The snap on the right shoulder likes to come undone, but the rest of the snaps stay in place and doesn't bother it too much. Also, the wrist pieces are made of wood circles covered in pleather. This makes them AMAZINGLY accurate (to me at least) for the way they appear. Unfortunately, the cosplayer needs to take care because they are at risk for breaking.

Comments: She's my wonderful little secret. ^_^

Final Grade: A+
Ankh (OOO) - 5%
Hiro Kikuchi (Clone Baby) - 10%

Hopper!Yaguruma (Kabuto) - 25%
Ryuunosuke Ikenami (Shinkenger) - 25%
Tsukasa Kadoya (Decade) - 50%
Kazari (OOO) - 80%

Ryoutarou Nogami (Den-O) - 100%
Ura!Ryoutarou Nogami (Den-O) - 100%
Shoutarou Hidari (W) - 100%

Last edited by OphanimGunner : 04-11-2007 at 03:27 PM.
OphanimGunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #92
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #93
4ng31
meh.

Name of Commissioner: Dream-Angels

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.dream-angels.net

Character commissioned and series: Axel - Kingdom Hearts 2

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...8&member=61208

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I sent the first e-mail on Jan. 11th, and received the costume today (full costume minus boots). So almost exactly 3 months.

Pros: Unreal. That's all I can really say. The communication was top notch...anytime I needed to ask them anything, it was either answered within a day, or less. The sewing is amazing...it's scary how realistic the jacket looks on my in terms to accuracy. I mean it has the same neck line as the characters...the shoulders, arms, and waist all hug my body like his...I mean it's amazing. The wig is perfect.

Cons: Um...the only con would have to be the fact it took me about an hour to un-wrap the chakrams...but I'd rather it be that way, as they arrived in perfect condition.

Comments: They are a very passionate, and highly skilled costume makers. They made sure it was here by when I needed it (this weekend) by using faster shipping. Very nice to talk with. Just great people...I couldn't be happier!

Final Grade: A++++
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #94
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

wow that is great because I was thinking of commissioning them after Anime Boston. Just helped me pick my next commissioner thanks!

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #95
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Oh dear; I forgot to mention I updated xD
Unread 04-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #96
Otakupony
Bitchicorn

Name of Commissioner: HonestDragonChina
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/honestdragonchina
Character commissioned and series/video game: Haruno Sakura's first outfit (red dress with sleeves)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: They were lost when my comp was wiped, sorry.
Timeline: About 3 weeks
Describe your Experience: Pros: While I didn't exchange many emails with her, the ones I did send were responded to in a timely and kind manner. The costume was wonderfully made, I've worn it many times last year and plan to re-use it again this year.

Cons: It's made out of a shiny material that's really hot. But I guess that's just me being picky. ;3 Also, this seller seems to be a hit and miss kind of person. Although MY transaction had no problems, I've heard stories that people have gotten their costumes too large or small, or it was not what they ordered.

Final Grade: B+

I am currently waiting on another commission from her, Mew Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew. I'll post another review when the costume arrives.
Otakupony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #97
Magical_Sheep
Sheep Mage

Thumbs up

Name of Commissioner : Cosaru
Website/C.com gallery : http://www.cosaru.com
Character commissioned and series/video game : Kinomoto Sakura (First Opening) of Card Captor Sakura ; Wings Only
Links to picture(s) : N / A (will provide when camera is back in commission) Item on the site is "A Pair of White Wings"
Timeline : 3-4 days
Describe your Experience :
Pros : The whole experience was insanely fast (while the site said it may take a while for one to get their invoice, I had it in my inbox within two hours), and very cost-efficient. The website is rather easy to stumble about in, and I managed to find what I was looking for with little to no difficulty. The product is exactly as it is pictured, and is rather sturdy. I ordered these on Tuesday night and just received them today (along with a little pack of milk candies~! Yay, I love these things!). Just a wonderful experience through this buyer. I plan on hopefully purchasing a whole costume through the buyer in the somewhat near future, and will hopefully write another review when that does happen.

Cons : I honestly can't come up with anything.
Final Grade : A+ ; speedy, and exactly what I wanted. What could be better?
Magical_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #98
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! :>
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #99
Zegen

As a commissioner myself, I think this thread should go in a different part of the forum. Perhaps also made a sticky. This is very beneficial to people looking to have things made, and could help prevent scammers on cosplay.com
Zegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #100
Ambient_Blue
Silver-Eyed Witch

Yeah I was getting ready to say something about it being made into a sticky as well.
Ambient_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #101
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Name of Commissioner: QQ Cosplay Website
Character commissioned and series/video game: Matsumoto from Bleach, Shinigami outfit
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I don't have any yet, as I have to make a new sash, but once I do, I will edit this post.
Timeline: I paid around april 5th, and received it today (April 16th), so VERY fast!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I ordered some ninja shoes from naruto from them awhile ago, and though it took a long time to get them (they got lost in the mail, and then had someone send me a pair from in the united states), I decided to order from them again. The shipping was very fast, but that was the only thing I was really SUPER-pleased with. The costume is fairly big, much bigger than the measurements I gave them. The neckline on Matsumoto's outfit needs to be able to come lower/be more open than the other shinigami, but they made no effort to make it do that, it's just a generic shinigami outfit, and the way it's constructed, I won't be able to have it open at all unless I use tape & do some sewing on it myself. The sash, which is supposed to be a pink or peach-ish color, is BRIGHT red. The shoes already kind of feel like they're going to fall apart, but maybe that's just my paranoia. A bunch of hay or whatever material they're made out of (lol) DID fall off all around my room while I was just trying to put them on. There seemed to be a lot of loose threads in the costume. Though, it is very comfortable, and it seems to be a good-quality material.
Final Grade: C-
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #102
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #103
Fortuna

Name of Commissioner:
Troy Doerner

Website/C.com gallery:
Gungnir Studios
http://www.gungnirstudios.com

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Sabaku no Gaara - Naruto (prop only)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
Picture 1 Picture 2

Timeline:
This, I'm actually not very sure about, since we had agreed to actually deliver the gourd *at* the convention.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros: Altogether, it was a very accurate piece. I was elated when it was finally delivered, and had even worn it around the convention without my costume on. The details were airbrushed on, at it was made very lightweight and fairly durable. It also had a consistent shape and paint job, and I feel confident when I say that it was the *best* gourd at the convention.

Cons: While it was very durable, the fact that I am a very fidgety, run around person (and everyone and their grandmother felt the need to slap it) the gourd broke in the middle.

HOWEVER, Troy was more than happy to take it right back and fix it up, and while I have long since retired my Gaara costume, the gourd still sits in quite good condition in my room.

Final Grade: A
Fortuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #104
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Holy cow, I'm sorry; don't know how I missed this for so long.
Updated ^_^;
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #105
Zegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuna View Post
Name of Commissioner:
Troy Doerner

Website/C.com gallery:
Gungnir Studios
http://www.gungnirstudios.com

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Sabaku no Gaara - Naruto (prop only)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
Picture 1 Picture 2

Timeline:
This, I'm actually not very sure about, since we had agreed to actually deliver the gourd *at* the convention.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros: Altogether, it was a very accurate piece. I was elated when it was finally delivered, and had even worn it around the convention without my costume on. The details were airbrushed on, at it was made very lightweight and fairly durable. It also had a consistent shape and paint job, and I feel confident when I say that it was the *best* gourd at the convention.

Cons: While it was very durable, the fact that I am a very fidgety, run around person (and everyone and their grandmother felt the need to slap it) the gourd broke in the middle.

HOWEVER, Troy was more than happy to take it right back and fix it up, and while I have long since retired my Gaara costume, the gourd still sits in quite good condition in my room.

Final Grade: A

LOL Thats supposed to be me. Kanira if you could change the name on the front page from my real name to my handle here that'd be great, thanks. Silly Jess
Zegen is offline   Reply With Quote