Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1427 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #106
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

No problem. Updated accordingly ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #107
D-holla-J
Melodious Nocturne

Kanira, I edited my review of Rain Miko on page 7 of this thread, if you'd be so kind to adjust the first post accordingly to reflect the new grade.

In Progress:
Draenei Mage - World of Warcraft - 95% Completed
Fai D. Flowrite - Tsubasa - 70% Completed

D-holla-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #108
london2191

Name of Commissioner: Happydogbetty *EBAY*
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/happydogbetty/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Yuna Necklace (this person I think only sells jewelery, camera accessories and lighters and such)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I don't have a picture, but there /is/ the one from the auction. http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/9a/7c/e0f2_1_b.JPG
Timeline (how long your order took to process) 10 days. I live in Georgia as the person lives in China. This was to be expected tho' because it's the second item I've ordered from China and it took 10 days as well. They said 7-14 days.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I'm overall satisfied. =3 I was quite frightened that the person was a scammer as they're fairly new to ebay *at least when I bought* and only a couple of days after I ordered, they got negative feedback. However, it came in a good time and it was undamaged *tho' the packaging wasn't in a box like featured, but in a slip that featured PENELO FROM FFXII not, Yuna from FFX-2*. The bell attached to it seems fairly crooked and not aligned with the V-shape of the pendant and the chain is a bit unsturdy, but fixable it it snaps off. I'm not quite sure how communication was as my parents do the ebaying email and whatnot, but it went smoothly from what I saw.
Final Grade: A-

Last edited by london2191 : 04-24-2007 at 05:54 PM.
london2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #109
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Grade changed, and list updated ^^
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #110
mixaka
Granter of wishes

*For now, I've decided to pull my review of SiegeRedwolf. If I do decide to leave a review in the future, I will simply repost as it seems to be the easier way to do it*

Last edited by mixaka : 04-26-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: taking down review
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #111
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #112
SiegeRedwolf

Unhappy

In my defense I'd like to add that when I lost my house due to the fire it took me a month or so to get a place I could hook the net up to! I replied to your message as soon as I could!
Everything was so crazy from the fire I couldn't get back to you till so much later. I think your being a bit unfair to say I could have responded sooner. I couldn't! I didn't even have a place to live! The house's roof was going to collapse and I wasn't allowed to stay there so I was staying at family and friends houses. I wasn't really thinking about due dates and whatnot. I lost so much stuff...photo albums my art works...clothing. There was only a tiny bit left. I think its kind of unfair to even review me as this situation is just so horrible! I've done commissions before that went perfectly. btw

And I do intend on paying you back, I wish there was something I could give you. I don't even have money for food! We're barely covering rent.
I know you deserve to be paid back, as I told you before. So there is no reason to go giving me a bad review. Its not like I did it on purpose I did the best I could given the situation. I contacted you when I could. I think a lot of people in my situation wouldn't even have got back to you at all...because really, their screwed. >_< I'm trying on this end. I really am! I'm trying to sell what is left to pay you back, trying to win contests.
I had another commissioner along with you that just let it go, which is the sweetest thing ever. I'm actually trying to force her into taking some anime or something lol.

Again, I'm sorry...I'm really REALLY sorry and I'm doing the best that I possibly can on my end.
I wish you would have just kept this between us...no reason to give me a bad review when I'm trying so hard to get everything back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad114 View Post
Name of Commissioner:
SiegeRedwolf

Website/C.com gallery:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...3&member=30683
http://siegeredwolf.deviantart.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):
prop commission

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
None - never received

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
Contacted and paid in November of 2006 with a deadline of April 1st. Was in contact a few times between then. I contacted her the day before the deadline and was told that it would not be complete. Asked if she could complete it by mid June, but was informed that she could not.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
This is a very crappy situation for both myself and the commissioner and I was hesitant to even leave a review, but feel that others should know about my experience. I contacted her in November and worked out all the details. After a few months, I contacted her again for an update and she told me that she had gotten into a bad car accident and was still finishing up some other props. I asked if she would still be able to do my prop and was reassured that she could meet my deadline. Apparently, about 2 weeks or so before the deadline of my item, there was a fire in her apartment complex which caused a bunch of water/smoke damage to her apartment, including to the materials she was going to use to make my item. Now, I'm a pretty understanding person, but was a bit upset that she didn't tell me any of this until the day before I should have received my item and that she hadn't even started construction on it even though the due date was so close. I was also the one that had to contact her to get this info, when I feel it would have been courteous for her to give me a heads up. Given that there was no way I'd have the prop before the con I needed it for, I asked if she could complete it if I gave her an extension till June, but she said she couldn't as she can't afford to rebuy the stuff to make it in enough time to finish it. She did offer to send my some anime/video games/wigs in order to make up for the whole mess and has been very nice about everything. However, I don't really need any of the things she offered and did request a refund. She agreed that I deserved a refund, but doesn't have any money to pay me back with. So basically, I'm stuck waiting around until she's able to pay me back. (though if she doesn't - I know that I can get it back through my credit card company, I would just prefer not to exercise that option). Just a really crappy experience all around, both for me and for her.

Final Grade: really hard to give a grade for this given the circumstances, but as I didn't get my item and found out I wouldn't get it the day before it was supposed to arrive when in reality she could have given me more notice, D
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #113
Vasyenka
Optimistic Antagonist~

Name of Commissioner: Human Go Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/human-go-cosplay-costume-store

Character commissioned and series/video game: Larsa (Final Fantasy XII). Tunic, vest, belt, pants, and boot covers.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...4&member=45245

Timeline: It took a little longer then expected... The payment was finalized March 1st, and I received the costume March 28th.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: First of all, when I looked at the auction page, I thought, "Hey, those are my measurements! I don't need anything adjusted~", so I purchased the costume with said measurements. Turns out that, though I thought it would be my size, it was seriously... waaaaay too big! Dx The vest, when not worn with the belt, came down to my knees, the tunic itself was a few inches above my knees, and the pants were just... ginormous. The smallest setting on the belt was also too big. When I first tried on the costume, it was as though I were swimming in a pool of fabric. xD High quality stuff, don't get me wrong, but there was just a lot of it. x.x So, I ended up picking in almost all parts of this costume. I couldn't wear the pants when I wore it to the convention, however, because it was obvious that they were baggy on me. (Ended up buying tights and modifying them~ ^^)

Second of all, when I finalized the payment, I paid for EMS shipping... Seeing as how the convention was the first weekend in April. When the costume itself took longer then expected, I received an e-mail telling me an estimate of when I should be receiving the costume... An extra 7-10 days. I was like, "Whaaaat? D:". They told me I could pay an extra $20 for EMS shipping, but... I already paid for it, y'know? x.x So I sent them my receipt of the final payment, then they apologized for the mistake and sent my package EMS.

The sizing and the shipping thing were the only cons, really. The costume itself is awesome. As I stated before, excellent fabric choices~ ^^ Also, they sent me an e-mail when the costume was done, and also sent me photographs of my costume before it was sent out. Not to mention, my e-mails were answered within a few hours at the latest, so communication was definitely not an issue~ ^^

I'd order from them again, although I'd make sure to get the size smaller then before~ x.x

Final Grade: B+.
Ratonhnhaké:ton (Assassin's Creed III)
Miyu (Kyuuketsuhime Miyu)
Rin Matsuoka (Free!)
Carlos the Scientist (Welcome to Night Vale)
Vasyenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #114
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #115
PKYuna

Name of Commissioner:Misarylane <~~ cosplay.com username

Website/C.com gallery:

http://www.freewebs.com/misarylane/
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0&member=39596

Character commissioned and series/video game:

Kairi's pink dress from Kingdom Hearts 2. It included the white top with hood, pink dress itself, bag attached with belt, 3 ribbon bracelets and a beautiful necklace. =D

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:

Outfit Picture 1
With hoodie on
Better view of dress

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

A little over a month, maybe? I'm not quite sure. Or maybe it was about a month and a half. <~ Don't be put off by that though!! Read my comment about the time in my "comments" part!

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros--
She was really nice talking to her through PMs and on IM, also. Misary has a contract that seems pretty fair, to me, in my opinion. She's a nice person overall to do business with. I got my costume very well done so she's not a scammer or anything.
I made a half a big list of requests and she okay-ed them all. It seems that she has over 10 years of experience with making things and she's young too! She's pretty talented =D

Cons--

I don't think it could be considered important cons but.... She replies kind of slow when you talk to her in IM but PM, I think, she is going to be on cosplay.com more often than when I worked with her so she'll reply faster through PMs. That's not that much of a big deal, really.
The costume was only a TINY bit looser than it should be but I think it was because I didn't make it really clear on one of the requests that I want for the costume so it's okay ^_^;;

Comments-- Yes! Misarylane is a great person for business or just to talk to! The costume turned out wonderfully!

On the costume itself: Actually, I couldn't decide on the options of fabric that seems to be good for the dress itself so I told her to help me pick the best one. (She picked poplin fabric). It turned out beautifully!!! So that means that she has great judgment when it comes to this kind of stuff. =D But, then again, she does have many years of experience AND she did a few of my costume before.. Heh ^_^;;

On the timeline it took:
She had a much more important matter to deal with at the time and I had more than enough time for her to make it so it was more than understandable for her matter. I'm not quite sure if I'm able to reveal what was the important matter but I think you could ask her yourself. ^_^;;

Overall:
GREAT person to work with! I highly recommend her like crazy! I would be honored to go to her again when I need something else to be made. xD

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by PKYuna : 05-01-2007 at 01:27 AM.
PKYuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #116
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Updated my post on Rain Miko. I may update again once I receive the skirts, if I do, with links to pictures.
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #117
mixaka
Granter of wishes

I've taken down my review of SiegeRedwolf, at her request. I might post another review in the future, but for now will not be commenting.

BTW - props to you Kanira for creating and managing this thread
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #118
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Aw, thanks lilypad :> It's a fun little responsibility.

Misarylane, Rain Miko and SiegeRedwolf reviews updated!
Unread 04-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #119
SiegeRedwolf

Kanira, would you mind deleting my post? I would really appreciate it *hugs*
Unread 04-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #120
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Aww I'd love to dear but only a mod could do that ^^ I'd recommend contacting heki chan, Michi or Karisu <3