Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 01-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #31
piinku

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoisakura View Post
If you like anime stuffs Ikebukuro is good near Sunshine Tower theres a massive Animate (Bigger then the one in Akiba that one was pretty crappy) and other Doujin/cosplay shops (Which actually sell costumes outside Maid outfits) I dunno why noone told me when I went ; ;/ Esp female fangirls should go to Ikebukuro there are about 5 Doujinshi shops dedicated to For females genre (XD)
You mean the one in Akihabara? We went there and loved it... seven floors! They didn't have much in the way of cosplay stuff, I guess. So is the one in Ikebukuro worth visiting the next time we're in Tokyo?

Unread 01-06-2007, 12:03 AM   #32
nightko
↓ ↘ → + P

7 Floors as well for the one in Ikebukuro.
But I think it is smaller, so the stuff are more packed together, but somehow I like to go to that one more. (More familiar to me maybe) But if you want to buy stuff, both location pretty much have the exact same thing.

The other stores next to it are ok, small and packed but I never bought any item from there.
Unread 01-06-2007, 07:30 AM   #33
elejonah

The Cosplay event in Japan

There are some cosplay events helds in Tokyo every month, In between the big event like comiket or Anime Expo. The Japanese cosplayers usually go to those event. It is also a good chance to meet some Japanese cosplayer too.
This is the URL for the event.
http://www.geocities.jp/coscrertion/
The next one is coming on 20 th of January, Wondering if anyone is interesting to go.
elejonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #34
-Name_Taken-
Ninja Off Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleryth View Post

The only exception I can think of is perhaps the punk/goth/lolita fashion. They often meet at Harajuku and hang out - they don't change there, as there is nowhere to change and it's not a convention or official gathering. Usually, though, they don't tour all of Tokyo dressed like that, and it's most often on the weekends.
im gonna be in tokyo in may, and planning on going to harajuku, i was thinking about dressing up, or would that be a bad, kinda "poser-ish" idea becasue im a foreigner? id most likey be there with a friend of mine who lives in tokyo.
Unread 05-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #35
Kazenokibou

If you are going to dress up, I think they only meet up on Sundays so go on a Sunday.

I really doubt that the goth loli kids would scorn you for being a poseur, I think you would be more like welcomed and looked at in curiousity and try to talk to you.
pixiv http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=800963
Cosplay Archive http://www.cosp.jp/prof.aspx?id=137336
Kazenokibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #36
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazenokibou View Post
I really doubt that the goth loli kids would scorn you for being a poseur, I think you would be more like welcomed and looked at in curiousity and try to talk to you.
Yes, agreed. I had a discussion on that matter with a friend of mine there. She explained to me that there's always going to be those who are just mean and would scold, but most would just be curious (especially if you have blonde or light brown hair (natural) haha).

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote