Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #46
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

I've discovered in a week of trying out St. IveS: Apricot Scrub Blemish &
Blackhead Control: (Oily/Acne Prone Skin) that a friend of mine told me to
try using is gentle on the face. I've also been applying Clean&Clear Advantage
Acne Spot Treatment pretty good, although it stings a little at first, but
it's a good product and I've already seen change with reducing my pimples.
Usachan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #47
Lomelindi88

wow this thread is so helpful, i definitely need to go check some of these products out XD

for me, i just use clearasil daily acne control (it looks like a little tube.) its a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream, so its a pretty powerful dosage. its AWESOME for treating pimples and usually only takes only about two days to work. all you have to do is smooth a little bit of it all over the area once a day (2-3 times if you're having a severe breakout.)

some side notes: since its so powerful, you should have a clean face before and after you use the cream. i like using it after a shower, but that's just me. i also find that after applying it, your skin won't hold anything very well, let alone makeup, so don't use it right before you need to go out to a party or something. also, like pretty much anything with benozyl peroxide, it WILL dry out your skin --not horribly, but you will need to put a little moisturizer over it.

btw, its definitely NOT as scary as i just made it sound. XD its really harmless, actually, and i love using it! (i don't get a lot of breakouts so i've never had to use it beyond three days in a row, but you can use it every day if you want because its supposed to prevent breakouts.)

Future Cosplays Ideas:
Pharaoh Atem (Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Last edited by Lomelindi88 : 02-07-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Lomelindi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #48
Cinnamon_Spider
Little Miss Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuhaki View Post
I do NOT recommend toothpaste. It just dries out your skin, covers your pores with mintyness ( allowing the oils to accumulate), and contains an ingredient that does not allow your skin to tan, so you'll have blotchy spots of color on your face if you go out in the sun and use it often.

I DO recommend drinking lots of water, washing your face three times a day with a noncomedogenic face wash ( I use one called Cetaphil), and moisturizing your face afterward ( Aveeno is a great brand). Avoid touching your face; you'll be surprised how much this helps. ^^

For acne scars, good brands like Biore sell scrubs to remove the dead skin left behind from your scars.
I totally agree with you don't put toothpaste on your skin that is a big no-no

I use Aveeno foam cleanser and the blemish remover afterwards and then the face lotion, the lotion and blemish stuff are kind of expensive though. 13$-18$

A good make up brand is Bare Minerals which is also expensive 25$ for one container and you have to buy it at Ulta or Sephora but it really does work. I used to use CoverGirl and Almay, they are lower end products, and although they're hypo allergenic they still have ALOT of chemicals in them. Bare Minerals has two ingredients for their face make up. I'm not meaning to bash lower end though because I still use revlon and Almay eye make up.

You can get a starter kit for 60$ it comes with everything you need to use the makeup but if you have really fair skin you have to buy seperate containers because they don't have a starter kit for us albino folk (I found that out the hard way)
Cinnamon_Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #49
starcat
The Third Hire

I use AcneFree (it's like ProActiv, only it's a bit cheaper and available at places like Target and Wal-Mart) at night, most nights. I use a Neutrogena scar-fading peel twice a week, but I haven't noticed any dramatic differences.

Then, of course, I have these wonderful blackhead-formula Clearasil pads. I had terrible back acne left over from when I had long hair, and it's clearing up in just a week. I've used them three times, equally spaced out. I love these.

Makeup-wise, I use L'oreal True Match foundation. It's lightwight, perfectly matches my skin, and I haven't gotten any breakouts from using it (yet). It doesn't fully cover all the blemishes but it reduces them plenty!
Unread 02-12-2007, 03:33 AM   #50
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomelindi88 View Post
wow this thread is so helpful, i definitely need to go check some of these products out XD

for me, i just use clearasil daily acne control (it looks like a little tube.) its a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream, so its a pretty powerful dosage. its AWESOME for treating pimples and usually only takes only about two days to work. all you have to do is smooth a little bit of it all over the area once a day (2-3 times if you're having a severe breakout.)

some side notes: since its so powerful, you should have a clean face before and after you use the cream. i like using it after a shower, but that's just me. i also find that after applying it, your skin won't hold anything very well, let alone makeup, so don't use it right before you need to go out to a party or something. also, like pretty much anything with benozyl peroxide, it WILL dry out your skin --not horribly, but you will need to put a little moisturizer over it.

btw, its definitely NOT as scary as i just made it sound. XD its really harmless, actually, and i love using it! (i don't get a lot of breakouts so i've never had to use it beyond three days in a row, but you can use it every day if you want because its supposed to prevent breakouts.)
I use that product too.
Just apply a thin layer. ^^ Yep, this one's powerful. It really dries the spot so fast.
Use a moisturizer. It must be non-comedogenics (did I spell that one right?) so as not to clog pores.

credit: got my avatar template here
xNagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #51
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

I thought I'd share with everyone that my experience with using AVON's
skin care products and I'm sorry to say in the past this caused me to
get more breakouts and awful blackheads too. Maybe because my skin
is very sensitive to the *perfume* they put inside their products, I'm
not overly sure. Still, the best does begin with proper skin care and we
all know that's for sure. But I do love their mosturizers. Each has a light
and nice scent. Anyway beauty begins with each and every one of us right?
Unread 02-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #52
Faust-ni-gami
Neutral SPY

wash your face daily and use anti-boitic cream to help. it'll go away.
Faust-ni-gami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 04:41 AM   #53
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Also, think of positive things. ^_^ Smile a lot.
Not only your mind, it will help your skin too.

credit: got my avatar template here
xNagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #54
nfinitefx

My face is pretty bad after going through years of acne. I haven't really cared that much about it until recently. Right now I'm using two products:
1. AcneFree Scar Fade & Erase
2. Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System

My skin never felt dry or anything after wearing those. I basically use the in the morning and night time.

1. Clean the face with Neutrogena Cleanser
2. Use the white bottle (Acne Scar Remover) from the AcneFree Scar Fade & Erase
3. Use the Neutrogena Day or Night Lotion
4. Use the blue bottle Moisturizer from the AcneFree Scar Fade & Erase

I've been using it for a couple of days and so far it's been great. I haven't had any breakouts and my skins are clearing up a little. I'll see what happens after I finish the entire set.
nfinitefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #55
TheWestWind
True Blue

I've tried almost everything, haha, so I'm on Accutane now, and as someone said before, it REALLY helps. I've only been on it for 2 weeks, and already my face has decreased in oil production by like a ton! Now, it takes a few more weeks to see the acne itself dissapear, but I have hooope~ The only side effect I have so far is *really* dry lips... So lip balm is a must, like everyday. I have this... and I'm on 'the pill', which I've been told will help as well, so I expect my acne to be thoroughly nuked in the next few months.

And concealing acne. Use foundation! And if the foundation rubs off easy I've been told to put powder on top to help it 'set'. (I dunno, my aunt used to be a photography make-up person). But there was similar and good advice on foundation and stuff said already, lol.

Everyone's different with this kinda stuff, lol, so try different stuff, and if all else fails, go for Accutane. Though I will admit it's a long and annoying process trying out tons of different products when alot of them do nothing...

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy!
Candy Coated Photos DevArt
TheWestWind@DevArt
TheWestWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #56
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

I was introduced to a new acne product last month called Zap It! And I
find it works very well, however the product can only be bought in Australia.

It dries up the pimple and affected area and has a nice light scent almost
like tea-tree, it's main ingredient is salicylic acid. I also find that when it
comes to applying make up to make the pimple look shrunk unless it looks
smaller yet invisible in size is a powder that is oil free and matches skin tone.
Unread 05-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #57
MiRaclEcandY

Try Bare Minerals. Google it and you should find the site. It is so good for your skin. You can sleep in it if you want.
MiRaclEcandY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #58
Windy Skies
Hedonist

Quick question to those who use those acne fading products, do they really work? Cuz I got some bad scarring on the sides of my temples left over from a month ago when I got really bad outbreak. So far I've read on the internet that the real way to get rid of scarring is to get laser, but I'm hoping that there's less expensive yet effective alternative to this. Anyway, anyone have hope?
Windy Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #59
agent_airline

I've tried the Neutrogena acne scar fading mask... it helped a tiny bit but I don't think I was consistent enough. What are the scars like? There are different treatments for different types.

Heres a list of all the types and different surgical procedures for them: http://acne.org/scars.php

I get the smooth red scars, so I put Mederma on them and it works! Its generally for post-surgery scars (why i got it) but the booklet said it works on acne too so I tried it. It worked better on my acne scars than my biopsy scar. Weird.
As for pocks, those are much harder to deal with.
Unread 05-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #60
Lady
Sexy vonSexpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy Skies View Post
So far I've read on the internet that the real way to get rid of scarring is to get laser, but I'm hoping that there's less expensive yet effective alternative to this. Anyway, anyone have hope?
The question here is: do you have scarring or discoloration?

If you have scarring (pockmarks, dents in the skin), your only real option is laser.

If you just have colored spots on your face (discoloration) then you can use some creams. My dermatologist gave me a cream that has helped me, but it was $150 (luckily, the tube has lasted me for a long time). If you send me a pm, I can tell you the product I have, and you can check with your dermatologist to see if you can get it (it's only available to dermatologists). It's a great help to me, because my skin is really fair and it takes several YEARS for spots from a breakout to fully fade away.
Lady is offline   Reply With Quote