Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1432 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-23-2007, 02:03 AM   #136
Princess Blade
[ crazed dreamer ]

Has anyone ever bought a wig from the eBay seller CosplayWig?

While the feedback percentage is 100% (based on 2000+ reviews), I'd much rather have actual feedback from cosplayers...perhaps with pictures of their wigs. Thanks!
Princess Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2007, 02:32 AM   #137
ThAliA

Name of Commissioner: mooncostumes
Website/C.com gallery: www.mooncostumes.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: vampire knight
Timeline (how long your order took to process): almost a month?
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: The costume is great and fits nicely the only problem is that the costume arrived too late. Though i ordered the costume about a month early and asked them how long it'll take and they said about 10 days. I also had a hard time communicating with them too and sometimes i wouldn't like how they would respond to me. They would always give me confirm dates about 2-3 times when they should arrived but never did.
Even though they seem like promising people they really don't keep track on getting the costumes to you on time for quite a while. On top of that they gave me the wrong costume.......
i would not really recommand them for ordering costumes when a con is near on the date. ^^ There might be some issues along the way too.

Final Grade: D+

Last edited by ThAliA : 05-23-2007 at 02:36 AM.
ThAliA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 02:43 AM   #138
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessblade View Post

While the feedback percentage is 100% (based on 2000+ reviews), I'd much rather have actual feedback from cosplayers...perhaps with pictures of their wigs. Thanks!
I have ^^ Quite successfully. I do not have pictures of the wig itself because the costume has been put on hold, and I do not want to risk damage to the wig while in storage; it's never been removed from its netting and bag.
But! What I purchased was a pink version of THIS
And can attest that the prices they offer are EXCELLENT, the shipping time is quite respectable and the quality seems very, very nice; it's spent about three or four months being rolled around in its bag so far, and not a sign of fuzziness or tangling.

Like everything, you do have to determine what would be worth paying for and what wouldn't. I can attest their pictures are their own, not lifted, but would not recommend this Sora wig to anyone, while I strongly stand by the extensions and short hair styles they offer in accordance to my own experience ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 02:57 AM   #139
Winter Divinity
夢は永遠に反響する

Quote:

Actually, I have, but I didn't post it here because it wasn't really a commission. Might as well, since you asked.

I bought two wigs from them, one was a rare light blue color and the other was a curly blonde wig. I only have the curly one pictured: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=876935 (You can see the frizz in the pic)

Pros: Both are extremely rare styles so I was really happy to get them.

Cons: When brushing the blue wig a lot of fibers would fall off. As for the curly wig, the style was slightly smooshed they way the packaged it. The curls became really frizzy after just one wear.

Comments: All in all, stay away from "pre-styled" wigs. Chinese sellers tend to spend as little as possible on packaging so you may end with a ruined wig.

Grade: B. These things tend to be a hit or miss.

Last edited by Winter Divinity : 05-23-2007 at 03:04 AM.
Winter Divinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 06:31 AM   #140
Lumasnati
Wants a cookie..

Name of Commissioner: Nugrosjp
Character Commissioned: Byakko from Yami no Matsuei
Timeline: A little under 2 months. It was shipped on the 23th and arrived today on the 29th.
Pictures of you in the costume: I will post this when I get it in the mail and try it on for the first time. <3333

Pros: This was probably the MOST professional commission I have ever asked for. :3 I must admit though, I am not one for patience though he/she had patience with me. <3 She was a bit slow with email, but then again, she's half a world away. She took every measurement and took my input into everything and even when I had her change the sleeves, she did. She has been super helpful and the best comissioner I could have ever gone to.
EDIT: Everything came today [May 29th] 2 weeks ahead of my deadline since I did ask for it to be upped. Everything also came to me very professionally shipped and wrapped each part of the costume individually and ironed it.
Cons: I only have a few.
1. It's too tight around the arm. WAY too tight. It's hard to move, but it's just going to be that way until I break it in and the thread gets moved around and I get more comfortable.
2. Too tight around the neck. It's nearly choking me. ^^;;
3. Tight across the back. But that is EASILY fixable and will move and settle once I break it in more.
I can't really find any that weren't my fault do to a misunderstanding on my behalf. XD

Comments: I have been looking at pictures of my comission since they were availiable, and I absolutely love it. Thanks again, sweetie! You rock! I will comission from you again!!
EDIT: YOU ROCK! You're the first comissioner I have ever had that ACTUALLY made it so the pants weren't tight across my thighs and front. <3

Final Grade: A+. I can overlook minor issues because they're... well.. Minor and they don't take away from the overall beauty and craftsmanship of this costume. <3

Next con Stop: Katsucon 2011~
World of Warcraft - Night Elf/Blood Elf Priest Tier 10

Last edited by Lumasnati : 05-29-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Lumasnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #141
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Quote:

I've purchased 4 wigs from this seller and have been very pleased with all of them. Also, they get an A+ for shipping too. I've never had one arrive any later than 11 days after my purchase. If you're looking for pics, you can check out my gallery. I used wigs from this seller for my Yuuko, Tokiko, and Road.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #142
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Name of Commissioner: Amethyst Angel
Website/C.com gallery: Website
Character commissioned and series/video game: Rukia's winter school uniform (Bleach)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None yet, I'll update when I get it.
Timeline: I paid her on Feb. 26th, and my deadline was May 15th.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Extremely disappointed with this transaction. I chose her because while her prices were a bit high, I'd heard such great things about her, and her quality was superb. I was very excited about having my costume done by her. Rarely heard from her through email. She missed my deadline completely, and didn't even contact me about it. I understand that people go through difficult times, and I totally understand that, but it would just be common courtesty if you're trying to catch up on things, maybe email the person who is paying you $250 to at least tell them that. I had to track HER down and comment in her livejournal two days after my deadline just to find out what was going on. She told me she was a week behind on everything. She then sent me a picture of the fabric about two days later. Now, a week after my deadline, and she isn't responding to email. I'm extremely disappointed with this whole thing. I thought that with her repuation she'd be very professional, but she is instead very irresponsible and not very considerate of other people at all. You know, I read through her livejournal, and while it's nice that lately she's been working on a book and all...it seems she's a bit more preoccupied with tutorials and writing chapters for her book than she is, uh, hmm, finishing commissions by due dates.
Final Grade: D, for now. Will change to an F if I don't recieve the costume by my convention.
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex

Last edited by fatalinjection : 02-11-2008 at 11:36 AM.
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #143
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! ^^
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:15 PM   #144
Fumei
No cool tagline here yet

Website/C.com gallery:
http://www.amethyst-angel.com/cosplay.html

Characters: Franziska von Karma (Phoenix Wright 2) & Kunoichi (Samurai Warriors)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I don't have them. Probably later. Later than I need it by. -_-

Timeline: For Kunoichi, I ordered somewhere in Fall or Winter 06. I was stupid and never sent her measurements, however I did pay for half of it on Oct 9th, as her policy is you pay her half upfront, then half when it is finished.

Franziska's half was paid for on Feb 20th, same time I sent measurement info and such.

Due date was May 20th. Today is May 24th. Fanime, the next con I'm going to, is tomorrow.

Pros:
Nice in emails, awesome gallery, has a very good reputation. Did email me occasionally before the due date for specific details. Very detail oriented and I liked that she caught things I didn't. Besides, I often shot her emails and she shot some back, about little details of the costume, what I wanted, if it was possible.

Cons: Again, this is where it goes downhill. Communication was pretty good, but she takes a while to answer emails. She is a busy lady, I understand. But. Due date was missed completely. If she had told me before this, then I would have breathed a little easier. After all, my next con is Fanime, May 25th. I was supposed to get progress shots in the beginning April, but they never came. I didn't mind, since after all, the due date was a month away. And I read her public livejournal that she was behind. Alright. Still time to catch up, and my date was a month away. Nothing to worry about, right?

A month comes and goes, and I'm starting to get worried. It's the beginning of May and she asks me a few questions about some more details. I send them back. I get progress shots of Franziska on May 17th. Cool. I mean, Fanime's on May 25th. Still plenty of time to finish up whatever she needs to do and send me the costumes, right? Oh wait... what about Kunoichi?

Turns out she hadn't even started or it sounded like she didn't. After all, why send me pictures of Franziska and not Kunoichi? Well, whatever the reason was, the point was that Kunoichi progress shots were not sent. I was worried. It was May 16th. :3 She emailed again on May 18th, wtih some more progress shots of Franziska and to ask me my opinion on the material for Kunoichi's black fabric mesh, and I emailed back on the same day (May 18th).

I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt of keeping on time. After all, I still had a few days left, right? Right?

May 20th (Sunday) came and gone. I was paranoid. I emailed her to send me the costumes ASAP, on May 21st (Monday). I emailed her that day, (12:37am) to tell her that my con date was approaching fast and the last day I could have it in my hands was May 24th (today) and asking her to overnight mail the costumes, hoping they were finished. She emailed me back the next day (May 22), however, responding to the previous email about Kunoichi (the email sent on May 18th) and saying she needed my foot size asap. Fine. Shot her that once I got the email.

Again, I assumed she had already read the email I sent her on Monday. So I prayed she was sending me my costumes soon.

It's Thursday afternoon, after mail collecting so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the costumes today. Since I have a final tomorrow, I won't make it to Fanime until the afternoon. I'm deciding to stay to wait and see if she airmailed the costumes today, and not get to Fanime Day 1 until it's nighttime.

I emailed her again asking whether she sent it or not, and I even paid her the last half for the costumes. I just want to know if she sent it or not so I don't have to wait around for NOTHING and not have to skip out on the Friday of the con.

I wanted my first commissioned cosplays to be top quality, and she made such beautiful props, I had to get a costume from her, even if she were pricy. At times, I wish she answered her email faster, but I know how busy she can be. But at times like this, when my deadline is missed, I've paid her full price giving her the benefit of the doubt hoping she airmailed my costumes.

I would like an email at least telling me, "No I won't make it on time" or "Yes I've shipped it but you won't get it until _____" at least. I'm very disappointed and paranoid, because now I'm still hoping. I just want a definite answer so I don't waste my time anymore.

Final Grade: F. Because of her, I am missing part of a con (unless she emails me back telling me she express overnight mailed it yesterday which I doubt; if she mailed it today with the requested mailing, I'll still be getting it Friday AFTERNOON). Cosplaying is my favorite part of a con. So I'll sacrifice part of a day to see if she sent the costumes the way I asked. At first, I thought she'd make it on time. But now, even if the costume came tomorrow, there's no point. She missed her deadline, and it would be nice if she would answer her emails more, especially with customers with missed deadlines.

Last edited by Fumei : 05-24-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Fumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #145
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumei View Post

Website/C.com gallery:
http://www.amethyst-angel.com/cosplay.html

Characters: Franziska von Karma (Phoenix Wright 2) & Kunoichi (Samurai Warriors)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I don't have them. Probably later. Later than I need it by. -_-

Timeline: For Kunoichi, I ordered somewhere in Fall or Winter 06. I was stupid and never sent her measurements, however I did pay for half of it on Oct 9th, as her policy is you pay her half upfront, then half when it is finished.

Franziska's half was paid for on Feb 20th, same time I sent measurement info and such.

Due date was May 20th. Today is May 24th. Fanime, the next con I'm going to, is tomorrow.

Pros:
Nice in emails, awesome gallery, has a very good reputation. Did email me occasionally before the due date for specific details. Very detail oriented and I liked that she caught things I didn't. Besides, I often shot her emails and she shot some back, about little details of the costume, what I wanted, if it was possible.

Cons: Again, this is where it goes downhill. Communication was pretty good, but she takes a while to answer emails. She is a busy lady, I understand. But. Due date was missed completely. If she had told me before this, then I would have breathed a little easier. After all, my next con is Fanime, May 25th. I was supposed to get progress shots in the beginning April, but they never came. I didn't mind, since after all, the due date was a month away. And I read her public livejournal that she was behind. Alright. Still time to catch up, and my date was a month away. Nothing to worry about, right?

A month comes and goes, and I'm starting to get worried. It's the beginning of May and she asks me a few questions about some more details. I send them back. I get progress shots of Franziska on May 17th. Cool. I mean, Fanime's on May 25th. Still plenty of time to finish up whatever she needs to do and send me the costumes, right? Oh wait... what about Kunoichi?

Turns out she hadn't even started or it sounded like she didn't. After all, why send me pictures of Franziska and not Kunoichi? Well, whatever the reason was, the point was that Kunoichi progress shots were not sent. I was worried. It was May 16th. :3 She emailed again on May 18th, wtih some more progress shots of Franziska and to ask me my opinion on the material for Kunoichi's black fabric mesh, and I emailed back on the same day (May 18th).

I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt of keeping on time. After all, I still had a few days left, right? Right?

May 20th (Sunday) came and gone. I was paranoid. I emailed her to send me the costumes ASAP, on May 21st (Monday). I emailed her that day, (12:37am) to tell her that my con date was approaching fast and the last day I could have it in my hands was May 24th (today) and asking her to overnight mail the costumes, hoping they were finished. She emailed me back the next day (May 22), however, responding to the previous email about Kunoichi (the email sent on May 18th) and saying she needed my foot size asap. Fine. Shot her that once I got the email.

Again, I assumed she had already read the email I sent her on Monday. So I prayed she was sending me my costumes soon.

It's Thursday afternoon, after mail collecting so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the costumes today. Since I have a final tomorrow, I won't make it to Fanime until the afternoon. I'm deciding to stay to wait and see if she airmailed the costumes today, and not get to Fanime Day 1 until it's nighttime.

I emailed her again asking whether she sent it or not, and I even paid her the last half for the costumes. I just want to know if she sent it or not so I don't have to wait around for NOTHING and not have to skip out on the Friday of the con.

I wanted my first commissioned cosplays to be top quality, and she made such beautiful props, I had to get a costume from her, even if she were pricy. At times, I wish she answered her email faster, but I know how busy she can be. But at times like this, when my deadline is missed, I've paid her full price giving her the benefit of the doubt hoping she airmailed my costumes.

I would like an email at least telling me, "No I won't make it on time" or "Yes I've shipped it but you won't get it until _____" at least. I'm very disappointed and paranoid, because now I'm still hoping. I just want a definite answer so I don't waste my time anymore.

Final Grade: F. Because of her, I am missing part of a con (unless she emails me back telling me she express overnight mailed it yesterday which I doubt; if she mailed it today with the requested mailing, I'll still be getting it Friday AFTERNOON). Cosplaying is my favorite part of a con. So I'll sacrifice part of a day to see if she sent the costumes the way I asked. At first, I thought she'd make it on time. But now, even if the costume came tomorrow, there's no point. She missed her deadline, and it would be nice if she would answer her emails more, especially with customers with missed deadlines.
So it's not only me, eh? :\ She needs to get her shit straight. She's more worried about her book than she is about finishing commissions on time -_-
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #146
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Awww, and I was planning on commissioning with Amethyst Angel in a few months That's a shame to hear it's went so downhill. Maybe once she catches up :/
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #147
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeluTivursky View Post
Awww, and I was planning on commissioning with Amethyst Angel in a few months That's a shame to hear it's went so downhill. Maybe once she catches up :/
Don't.
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:31 PM   #148
Fumei
No cool tagline here yet

As bad as this sounds, I'd probably commission her, like, OVER HALF A YEAR IN ADVANCE. I still want a commission from her.

>>; However, with this, I'd probably ask for a discount or something. Which probably won't happen.
Fumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #149
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 05-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #150
+Ao+
Banned

It seams like alot of poeple try and do commissions. But they get in over their heads. N most have the quit. Also most from hearing dont either give you the costume and take your money and run.

I used to make shoes for cosplayers. But people were asking me to make them for almost nothing. & an average easy pair like Narutos shoes are like 50.00. Mostly cause I make them form fitting.

Now I just make stuff that fits me & sometimes use it for cons or sell it.

Not sure if these people were brought up. (I have trouble making some times still haha) I used Broken Sunglasses aka Elfester. They stole 300.00 from me and my costume It was going to have LED put lights in it. So 300.00 later. I asked where the costume was. PLEASe send progress photos! They said they need 300.00 more. I said no. WE had a set agreement. I saved all the Emails and everything. I was taking them to small claims court. & then they disspared off the face of the earth.

BEWARE OF this seller
Sunrise Art LLC aka wei-linden
Do not trust this Ebay seller.
I bought a costume SD doll costume. & for some reason I got wtf i have no idea. But it was for a person. Not a doll.
I ordered this http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Designed-...QQcmdZViewItem. & some how got somthing shes not even selling on the site.

ALSO they out source. The person is located in the UAS. But all the costumes are made in china. & another sick fact i just noticed. They are one of those Ebay uses that gets friends to buy their items. But they dont pay or really get the item. They are only doing it for postive feed back. & to get a high feed back number. I thought they were a good seller. I even looked over all the feed back. What people bought. & their stuff looks well made.

(on this issue. We finally worked it out. I'm getting a full refund.)

Another friend of mine had also orded from them. & had the same problem.
She had a HUGE stress attack and we had to take her to the hospital.

On Setsuna. Ya i had order a Rei plug suit & Macross costume from her back in 1999. I even sent fabric along with it. Some how everything was made out of Velvet n some weird lycra. I was so upset. I normaly make my own costumes. But at the time making body suit costumes was hard.
My poor friend Rai also got a costume from her. & we couldnt figure out how to even put it on. It was to small in places. & way to big in places. N she used some ugly fabric n color. Not even close to the photo.
& poor rai rai again had alot of troulbe with this person.

BlackCerenity custom cosplay costume. She too wanted a Rei plug suit but also wanted to be Shiva for 10. The Rei costumes was dirty. It looked like they just took old white tights n used that. Cause you could see the black foot spots on the tights at the feet. The costume didnt fit n anyways. They took aparty tenny shoes for the shoes on the bottom. The gloves were also dirty. & for some reason the pack thing was made out of a back pack. I wont even go into the detail how bad the Shiva cosplay was. She did get a full refund though.
She has now quit cosplay all together. I tried to teach her how to sew. But she is so hurt by people. she thinks almost every cosplayer should be killed. (also meet alot of bad cosplayers in person at cons. Not bad costumes. Just really rude or mean people. Her first skit someone triped her back stage and her costume riped. They didnt even say sorry. They just said move it your in my way of getting first place. This was at A-kon14.)

This person has pissed me off the most. & quite a few others
Dark Dragonfly
I'm so mad that this person never got cought at all. 8 people set small claims court on her. Even I did. I even flew to FL (I get free airfair) and went to her address. I meet with her sister. & her family were like we dont know her. Shes dead to us. & i was pushed out. It was VERY CREEPY AND WEIRD.
Theres more about here on this fourm
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=74409

Final Grade- Dark Dragonfly FFF (tripal F)

Final Grade-BlackCerenity FFF (Tripal F)

Final Grade- Setsuna Kou Again another tripal FFF

Final Grade Sunrise Art LLC aka wei-linden- C

Last edited by +Ao+ : 05-25-2007 at 01:48 AM.
+Ao+ is offline   Reply With Quote