Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 600 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #181
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #182
zoupzuop2

Chibified Cosplay
www.chibifiedcosplay.com
Ranma Saotome (male) Wig and shirt
(Can't find the pictures)
February 2007 -- Current day
Pros: EXCELLENT contact up until the beginning of May, had progress pictures ready on demand, very easy to work with.
Cons: Seems to have fallen off the face of the earth since the beginning of May.
Comments: I sent her the money around about February, and she kept in constant, consistent contact with me. She showed me progress pictures, asked for input... she was an absolute dream to work with.
Then in May she failed to show up absolutely anywhere. She had 4 (recently, 5 with the addition of a cell phone) means of contacting me and she did absolutely nothing. I found that I was not the only one left in the cold over that course of time, and have remained just about livid up to this point.
Final Grade: Reserving judgement. Needless to say, though, she's certainly not getting much higher than a B-. K****** (name kept out for her own sake), I'm DIRELY disappointed. If you've been honest, I'm incredibly sorry for whatever has happened, that you would need to desert so many of us. If you've simply decieved us, you at least had me convinced. In either case, PLEASE, at LEAST update your site to let us know what's going on!!!
zoupzuop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 12:50 AM   #183
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Name of Commissioner: Kenshinkyo
Website/C.com gallery:http://www.kenshinkyocreations.com/
also has a CC account. : kenshinkyo
Character commissioned and series/video game: Theme obi for yugioh cosplay lolita.
and Pits bow from SSBB
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
of obi:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1093259
of bow: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=858473
Timeline:
for the bow: order it around september of 06 for a con in october.
for the obi: Ordered it the second week of may07". received it on wednesday may 31st.
Pros: She very friendly and replies quick. I love the obi and it stands out pretty. also my bow is made with nice material and light weight as well.
Cons: No cons.
Final Grade: A
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 02:01 AM   #184
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

zoupzuop2, I listed B- for now. Let me know if you make any changes ^^ List is updated!
Unread 06-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #185
D-holla-J
Melodious Nocturne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
See I can't make my own cosplay so I have to look to commissioners for it. Sad yes, but I have no choice. But no matter what I do, ex look at their rep and see their background, I still get screwed.
Don't be too upset, really. I commissioned from Rain Miko once and everything went fine, but the second time it was hell. A little bad luck shouldn't put you off commissioning forever! ^__^ There ARE good commissioners out there, I promise.

In Progress:
Draenei Mage - World of Warcraft - 95% Completed
Fai D. Flowrite - Tsubasa - 70% Completed

D-holla-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #186
Princess_Hotaru
SKANDARCHY!

By any chance, has anyone commissioned something from Cosplaymagic.com?
Princess_Hotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #187
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-holla-J View Post
Don't be too upset, really. I commissioned from Rain Miko once and everything went fine, but the second time it was hell. A little bad luck shouldn't put you off commissioning forever! ^__^ There ARE good commissioners out there, I promise.
>.> not me....I keep getting screwed...every time too

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #188
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

Quote:
>.> not me....I keep getting screwed...every time too
I don't mean any disrespect, but rather than complain about how every commissioner has messed you over, why not learn to sew or throughly research your next choice of commissioner Very Carefully. in fact isn' that the True nature of this thread?? can it please get back on topic

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #189
D-holla-J
Melodious Nocturne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumeko View Post
I don't mean any disrespect, but rather than complain about how every commissioner has messed you over, why not learn to sew or throughly research your next choice of commissioner Very Carefully. in fact isn' that the True nature of this thread?? can it please get back on topic
1. Some people don't have time to sew, due to schooling or full time jobs.

2. Some commissioners, even a few on this thread, start out very good with very good references and products- and then they drop out from under you suddenly. This has already been pointed out.

And yes, let's do get it back on topic. That's all you had to say, the comments weren't really necessary when she's obviously a bit upset.

In Progress:
Draenei Mage - World of Warcraft - 95% Completed
Fai D. Flowrite - Tsubasa - 70% Completed

D-holla-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #190
yunikomiyazawa
Angel Trainee

Name of Commissioner: Obscured Reality
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.obscuredreality.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Altered Invader Zim costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never received the costume.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Started Feb. 2007
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

In mid-February I commissioned an Invader Zim costume from Obscured Reality. They assured me I would have my costume by Anime Central. We discussed a price quote and I sent my money on via paypal.

Periodically, I asked about my costume and I was told everything was going fine. A week before Anime Central (which was in mid-May) I was told that my costume would not be ready in time. Why? Apparently the main seamstress was having family issues and had to move unexpectedly. When I asked why it wasnít done already the response was that they thought it would be easy enough to do in a week but now with the main seamstress unable to work on it, it would not get finished.

OR then offered to finish the costume up for A-kon (June 1st). They promised again that it would be ready for A-kon. I agreed because I really wanted the costume. After Anime Central I was informed that the main seamstress and the guy in charge of OR had some kind of argument/fight at Anime Central so OR didnít know what was going to happen with my costume. They finally decided they wouldnít be able to get it done for A-kon either and they would refund my money.

When I asked when I would receive my refund, OR told me that they didnít know when because somehow (and they really had no clue why) they had overdrawn $500 while at Anime Central. They assured me they would get my money to me as soon as possible. Somehow, with all of the false promises they have given me so far, I sincerely doubt it.

So, moral of the story is:

DO NOT USE OBSCURED REALITY, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Final Grade: F-
yunikomiyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #191
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Yumeko
http://onineko.net/index.php
Rabi en Rose, Digi Charat Artbook Version: Full Costume
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1112677
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1112676
Payment sent February 9th, Received June 4th; three days past deadline
Pros: It's an amazingly confortable outfit, which naturally means at least most of the fitting was very well done. I absolutely adore her solution for the shoes and headband, and as a full piece it was very well done.
Cons: I received about three updates over the course of the four months (was told there would be one every Sunday) we were in contact of a completely different dress; I was later informed, without a photographic update, that it had suffered unrepairable damage and was scrapped to be replaced with another. The second dress, which is the one I received, was far more green than the smooth brown the first had led me to believe I was receiving, though the outfit in accordance to the reference images is also brown.
I asked it to be altered with straps of the same fabric which matched the dress, to avoid support complications, and she instead provided clear plastic straps completely compromising my request that they be there for the sake of proper support (i.e., not having to wear a strapless bra). Though I am of personal belief those look quite tacky with outfits seen up close, the holders sewn into the dress for the straps themselves broke while I was trying it on; so I suppose no straps are going to have to do. The waist was also rather loose and requires a safety pin.
On a similar note, one of the sleeves is already loosening from the rest of the dress, and it has only been worn a grand combination of 10 minutes.
Aside from the questionable construction, the proportions are very odd, but she did an excellent, excellent job working with the ears and the headband, even if the dice-accessory is stained (she mentioned both this and providing me with a discount for my next purchase because of it).
Comments: While my "cons" obviously seem rather harsh, I am still listing Yumeko under the grade of an A because she was extremely professional on more than one level. She required a personally signed contract to which she kept (safe for the lateness). She also mentioned having some personal problems, but did not expound upon them to garner pity or try to use them as excuses; she just did her job which, as a customer, I find highly respectable. I also greatly appreciate that she did not simply give up on the project after the first mishap, or even try to reschedule the timeline, but honestly started from the beginning despite time constraints to fulfill her promise. Very trustworthy and respectable, as both a person and a commissioner.
Final Grade: A-

Last edited by Kanira : 06-04-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #192
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-holla-J View Post
1. Some people don't have time to sew, due to schooling or full time jobs.

2. Some commissioners, even a few on this thread, start out very good with very good references and products- and then they drop out from under you suddenly. This has already been pointed out.

And yes, let's do get it back on topic. That's all you had to say, the comments weren't really necessary when she's obviously a bit upset.
And that right there is my problem. I have attempted to sew however I am not talented enough to continue, so I gave up. Second is the time, it's easier to commission. Three I do research the commissioner and like D-Holla said, they just drop out. So...basicly I am screwed either way.

Okay sorry back on topic now.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 06-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #193
Zegen

Quote:
And that right there is my problem. I have attempted to sew however I am not talented enough to continue, so I gave up. Second is the time, it's easier to commission. Three I do research the commissioner and like D-Holla said, they just drop out. So...basicly I am screwed either way.

Okay sorry back on topic now.

It may not hurt to leave reviews here for the commissioners that did scam you, that way when people read this thread they know who to avoid. Now that it's a sticky it will definitely be of much better use to people looking for commissions
Zegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #194
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

True, alright I should do that. Also Kanira, please change my grade for Newkowai Angels to and F.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 06-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #195
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Thanks for the heads-up Tifa-chan ^^ Updated!