Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 05-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #31
Naxul
Nothing is true.

Alright- well, my Lightning is almost completely done (figuring out how to make a durable shoulder pad) but I have pictures FINALLY of it.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...1&member=50760

Also trying to make a better sword/gun.. Weapon or Guord as my friends have dubbed it. If anyone has questions, you may ask!

Can't wait to see every one else's Lightnings!

Feel free to PM about any old thing! :3
Naxul is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #32
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Naxul: It looks great!! Just curious, where did you find those zippers? Cause my fabric store sucks and never has the right zippers in. They always have the gold ones, but I need silver and they're always the wrong color and length. I have no luck and can't really continue without those.
But it does look good. I put some progress pics in my gallery. It's not much, but I'm happy something is done. I still can't find the right style boots to work on, but I'm still looking.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite, Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who, Twilight Sparkle - MLP: FIM, Arwen - LOTR
ravenmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #33
rosabella
Avert not Thine Eyes

OMG!!! I am totally making Lightning!! I heart her design so much and she's so badass in the trailers!! I have offically murdered myself for AWA this year! XDDD
Whenever it comes, whatever the future holds for each one of us, we can always go back to these days and look back fondly. Even if we are far apart, we can dream of this one moment in time we spent together.
rosabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #34
Naxul
Nothing is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmist View Post
Naxul: It looks great!! Just curious, where did you find those zippers? Cause my fabric store sucks and never has the right zippers in. They always have the gold ones, but I need silver and they're always the wrong color and length. I have no luck and can't really continue without those.
But it does look good. I put some progress pics in my gallery. It's not much, but I'm happy something is done. I still can't find the right style boots to work on, but I'm still looking.
I actually got them at my local Joann's store. They're zippers you'd use for jeans. I got 7" inches in length ones.

Hope that helps!

Unread 05-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #35
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxul View Post
I actually got them at my local Joann's store. They're zippers you'd use for jeans. I got 7" inches in length ones.

Hope that helps!
Thanks! Makes me mad I don't have a Joann's here as it's my favorite fabric store. Ah wells. Maybe when I go home next weekend I can go to the one there.
The zippers are pretty much all that's holding me back from moving on with this costume. My Hancock Fabrics sucks and never gets the right zippers in when they say they will. =(

I'm sorry, I have another question. Ok, on the jacket there are what look like large eyelets on the pockets. I'm having issues with them. I noticed you did them on yours, but mine won't seem to stick. Any tips?
Can ya tell I so want to finish this thing?!?! lol. I'm just having many issues!

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite, Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who, Twilight Sparkle - MLP: FIM, Arwen - LOTR

Last edited by ravenmist : 05-30-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: add another question
Unread 05-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #36
Naxul
Nothing is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmist View Post
I'm sorry, I have another question. Ok, on the jacket there are what look like large eyelets on the pockets. I'm having issues with them. I noticed you did them on yours, but mine won't seem to stick. Any tips?
Can ya tell I so want to finish this thing?!?! lol. I'm just having many issues!
Nah- that's okay if you have another question. First off, did you get the biggest eyelets avaible? I realized that they're actually really big when I first started making up the pattern for the pockets. When you buy the eyelets, the tool should already be in the same package. Unless you did what I did.. When I first brought the eyelets, I got the extra eyelet package, the tool didn't come with the thing I brought. Now I have a bunch of huge eyelets >_>

Hope that helped! And don't feel bad if you have another question-- I'll help anyone.

Unread 05-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #37
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Quote:
Nah- that's okay if you have another question. First off, did you get the biggest eyelets avaible? I realized that they're actually really big when I first started making up the pattern for the pockets. When you buy the eyelets, the tool should already be in the same package. Unless you did what I did.. When I first brought the eyelets, I got the extra eyelet package, the tool didn't come with the thing I brought. Now I have a bunch of huge eyelets >_>

Hope that helped! And don't feel bad if you have another question-- I'll help anyone.

Oh my gosh, that's EXACTLY what I must have done!! I have a package of big eyelets and bought a tool extra, which wasn't the right one. It stinks. I did buy some pretty big eyelets though. Well, they're the biggest my fabric store had. Mine is always out of stock of things that I need!
Thanks again! Hopefully I'll find the right things. Maybe I can look online so I know excatly what I need to get. Thank you!!

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Unread 05-31-2007, 05:53 AM   #38
Linnea

C:\Documents and Settings\Linnea\Mina dokument\Mina bilder\SY lista\Peruker\tatiana-front.jpg

I'm going for this wig, When Ive figured out how to get it to sweden (you can't order it to sweden)...X'''D
Keep this in mind, her hair colour is diffren't in every picture because of the light. I'm going for this coulor:

C:\Documents and Settings\Linnea\Mina dokument\Mina bilder\Final fantasy XIII\FINAL FANTASY XIII\untitled.bmp

I got these new scans, I want to share them with you so..

C:\Documents and Settings\Linnea\Mina dokument\Mina bilder\Final fantasy XIII\FINAL FANTASY XIII\28.jpg

It's very nice detalies (I can't spell) you can see the fabrics.

C:\Documents and Settings\Linnea\Mina dokument\Mina bilder\Final fantasy XIII\FINAL FANTASY XIII\17.jpg

C:\Documents and Settings\Linnea\Mina dokument\Mina bilder\Final fantasy XIII\FINAL FANTASY XIII\27.jpg

The material that the belt (aurond her waist??) is the same as the skirt!

And her swehters (can't spell sorry) coulor is the same as her boots lightpurpel coulor almost! the boots is more lighter.

Last edited by Linnea : 05-31-2007 at 06:26 AM.
Linnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #39
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Oh my gosh, I've posted a million things on this thread already, but I keep running into dead ends. I have one fabric store and it sucks. I want to start my skirt, but I can't find the right zippers. The only aluminum zippers my store has are 22" ones when I only need 6" or 9" ones. All the smaller sizes are brass, but I need aluminum. Any points in the right direction?
Why o why am I having so many issues with this costume??!?!

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Unread 05-31-2007, 06:52 PM   #40
Naxul
Nothing is true.

Linnea-- If you're going to post pictures, it's best to upload them on imageshack or photobucket. Taking them from your computer isn't going to show them to the rest of us, sorry =/

ravenmist-- There's always ordering them online you know. That's probably best at this point since clearly your fabric store isn't your best friend right now. ^^'''' I know in the General Costume Help thread, there should be a sticky called "Where can I find _____?" with a section for ordering zippers. You can get them in any color and in any size on one of those sites.

Unread 06-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #41
Linnea

Oh, sorryXD

I can't give you the pictures now, sorry. I give them to you guys later....you know...school..XD
Unread 06-01-2007, 03:19 AM   #42
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

Hey all i'm also a Lightning cosplayer so I figured I'd join in on the frightning fun discussion of her details. Honestly, i'm still messing with stuff on my cosplay well when i get more money to, but i'll be more than happy to help anyone if they liked how I did something @_@ if anyone is going to EXPO and sees the dork carrying the gun and blade versions of her gunblade that'll be me -___- not the bunny though, Momo's staying home.
~Amethyst Ashe-League of Legends
~Clea Strange -Defenders/Dr. Strange
~???
KittyCatChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 05:47 AM   #43
Linnea

Ok lets see....

Her hair, it's dark strawberrypink in this picture because of the light.
yily.JPG

Another great picture.
p.JPG

lhyil.JPG

lhlhyio.JPG

hope it will help you all^^
Unread 06-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #44
Naxul
Nothing is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCatChi View Post
Hey all i'm also a Lightning cosplayer so I figured I'd join in on the frightning fun discussion of her details. Honestly, i'm still messing with stuff on my cosplay well when i get more money to, but i'll be more than happy to help anyone if they liked how I did something @_@ if anyone is going to EXPO and sees the dork carrying the gun and blade versions of her gunblade that'll be me -___- not the bunny though, Momo's staying home.
I'm also fixing up mine xD wonder if you remember me from Fanime this year..

I'll be at Anime Expo too as Lightning. I need to fix up my sword/gun thing (Guord?) though-- It wont stay still when it's in the "sword" mode.

Unread 06-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #45
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Quote:
I'll be at Anime Expo too as Lightning. I need to fix up my sword/gun thing (Guord?) though-- It wont stay still when it's in the "sword" mode.
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at that..."guord". lol.

Still having zipper issues. No one on any wesbite seems to carry what I'm looking for. Cosplay life sucks sometimes. Oh wells. Must keep looking!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon