Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 4.87 average.
Unread 06-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #46
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmist View Post
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at that..."guord". lol.

Still having zipper issues. No one on any wesbite seems to carry what I'm looking for. Cosplay life sucks sometimes. Oh wells. Must keep looking!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Honestly =D I cheated and made fake looking zippers using foam sheets, no one noticed XD I just slipped the skirt right on. lol, when I get the time i'll probably go back and put in real zippers though D=

Naxul: yes I remember you ^_^ I was the one in the line for Reuben's autograph session(black outfit with the Dante) that asked how you made your gunblade =) we should meet up for EXPO! I haven't been before but i want to attend a ffgeneral gathering if there is one ^_^

oh and basically it should be called a gunblade I believe O_o cuz yeah gun & blade and all that. I had a picture on my badge with Cloud and Squall and told people that was mommy and daddy XD I did hear Lightning is supposed to be the female version of Cloud lol and speaking of hair color I also think her hair is strawberry blonde because not too much now but in some old pictures I have my hair would sometimes look similar because I have multi-tonal blonde hair so one picture it will be brownish the other it could be brighter or almost strawberry. it's definitely leaning a little towards pink and my reason why is look at Versus, his hair is a bluish color and they've never really done that before usually it's been straight blonde, black, etc. so I think with the new system they're taking a step further to resemble hair in different lighting but still giving it that fantasy look with the unique color. i'm still using my own hair for my costume though, why not lol X3
~Amethyst Ashe-League of Legends
~Clea Strange -Defenders/Dr. Strange
~???
KittyCatChi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #47
rosabella
Avert not Thine Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCatChi View Post
if anyone is going to EXPO and sees the dork carrying the gun and blade versions of her gunblade that'll be me
OMG!! We must get pictures together ^^
Whenever it comes, whatever the future holds for each one of us, we can always go back to these days and look back fondly. Even if we are far apart, we can dream of this one moment in time we spent together.
rosabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #48
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

oh yay we must =3 if there's a lightning without a gunblade i'll let them borrow one of mine for a while or something so i don't have to hold both XD I still have to make the brown bag that hangs down by her legs in the back but I think the gun would be too heavy to carry in it, my skirt would fall down O____o we should all meet up and run around together and start screaming Sparda for the hell of it lmao LIGHTNING BRIGADE!! XD of course i'm not hyper for expo >_>
~???
Unread 06-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #49
Naxul
Nothing is true.

KittyCatChi: I would totally call it a Gunblade but then I'll think of Squall's weapon xD. My friend came up with Guord (my Lulu from Saturday/Sunday) while we were being seated for the Masquerade. Glad you remember me, I wish I could have taken a picture with you when you were in your Lightning.

At Expo, all the Lightning's should totally meet up at some place :3. I think photographers would have a field say if they saw that. Have like, a Final Fantasy XIII (and Versus XIII) gathering already xD. That would be so awesome.

random guy: "Umm, you're game isn't even out yet!"

us: "Yeah, we know :3"

Feel free to PM about any old thing! :3
Naxul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #50
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

we're so badass we made the costumes before the game ~_^

I could post in the EXPO thread for a 12 &13 gathering since 12 is still kind of new too ^.^ i'll see if Jimmycosplay is going to AX and he can be our pimp he was my friend cosplaying as Storm(Versus) with the other lightning at Fanime, hopefully she can go too ^.^
if anyone seriously wants me to bring Momo if we gather with 12 then i guess i could, it would probably start some funny rivalry with 12 or something O_o plus it'd give us something to kill with our gunblades besides each other, photographers or random people lol hopefully Asianschoolboy could go to the gathering, he took the latest pics of me as Lightning in my gallery =3 such an awesome job.
~???
Unread 06-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #51
Naxul
Nothing is true.

YES! We can totally crash the XII gathering and "steal their thunder" :3

My group actually did that at Fanime. Al thought it be funny if my group of FF girls showed up at the Disney gathering. It was so funny, I've only found a few pictures though:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...FvsDisney2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...FFvsDisney.jpg

We so should do that xP

Unread 06-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #52
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

if you guys want to wake up early and be there by 11 on Saturday sure i'm down for it XD(that's when they meet) we should probably give them some time for photos and just run down at 11:30 so we don't get yelled at lol looks like the general gathering is at 12 in the same spot so that would work out nicely, i'll ask one of my friends who's been there before to help me find where the meeting place is on thursday so i don't get too lost @_@ if you guys see me alone Sat. morning feel free to grab me and play follow the leader to the gathering place ;_;

edit: i'm going to start a thread in the expo section so we don't take up the space in the cosplay section XD lightning's going to AX join me over there!
~???

Last edited by KittyCatChi : 06-01-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Unread 06-02-2007, 08:42 AM   #53
rosabella
Avert not Thine Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCatChi View Post
oh yay we must =3 if there's a lightning without a gunblade i'll let them borrow one of mine for a while or something so i don't have to hold both XD I still have to make the brown bag that hangs down by her legs in the back but I think the gun would be too heavy to carry in it, my skirt would fall down O____o we should all meet up and run around together and start screaming Sparda for the hell of it lmao LIGHTNING BRIGADE!! XD of course i'm not hyper for expo >_>
LOL We must!!!!! Except...Lightning doesn't ever seem to smile...

As for her sword/gun holder it looks like it's hanging off her belt. http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/image.p...screens/07.jpg

I hope I can get my gun/sword-thingy there. It's kinda heavy...
Whenever it comes, whatever the future holds for each one of us, we can always go back to these days and look back fondly. Even if we are far apart, we can dream of this one moment in time we spent together.

Last edited by rosabella : 06-02-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Unread 06-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #54
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosabella View Post

As for her sword/gun holder it looks like it's hanging off her belt. http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/image.p...screens/07.jpg

i suggest making a latch to go in-between the two ends of the gun sticking out so it won't fall out @_@ i'm going to try that, if mine comes out as heavy as my blade did i don't know if it will work at all but my waist pieces are pretty tight when i wear them so hopefully it will work >.< try making the non-opening end of the bag lower so it will want to fall that way more i guess, this is all theory of course @_@ i'm going to have so much fun trying to figure out how to do that stupid design on her shoulder armor T_T(one I used in pics was from my old version D=)
~???
Unread 06-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #55
rosabella
Avert not Thine Eyes

I can't find the right buckles and clasps for her vest. *cries* I'm getting desperate...I think I'll just make them. T.T
Unread 06-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #56
A19Riku

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosabella View Post

???? its not going to be that heavy trust me the only problem you could face getting it there is the length but ya i still dont think that will be too much of a problem

Conventions 2010: Con Nooga, MTAC, Dragoncon?, AWA
A19Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #57
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

design looks awesome, that's going to turn out wonderfully ^_^ I wish I could have made mine a little smaller but it required that I have a slab of wood shoved up in the blade part because the rest is foam I need to make some engineer friends who can make me an accurate gunblade that can actually switch between the two modes, parts and all @_@ that'd be so badass. Someone asked me if mine changed at the con >_> my reply was "yeah, I wish"

Edit: I was getting some screensnaps for the gun and I randomly got this...and was inspired XD. I always figured she wore shorts, I did myself beforehand to be on the safe side since the skirt is so short, but now it's nice to know she really does XD

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y87...t=Image255.jpg
~???

Last edited by KittyCatChi : 06-03-2007 at 12:59 AM.
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #58
Sakura_CC
Beyond Dreams Cosplay

Hey guys! I'm planning on maybe cosplaying Lightning but I have a few questions

1. Does she wear a skirt or shorts ? KittyCatChi posted a picture, but it's not very clear whether it's the shorts or the shading..

2. Her turtle neck shirt and skirt/shorts are separated? Like, she has a shirt in her skirt/shorts?

3. Are they both brown?

4. The two X made with laces (see picture) are on the skirt/short? Are there only two?

5. What's with this orange thing (see pink arrow) ??

That's it for now :P Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lightning.JPG (70.9 KB, 0 views)
Sakura_CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #59
Naxul
Nothing is true.

Sakura_CC~~ I hope I can help you out. ^^

1) It's actually a skort. When you slow down the trailer, you can actaully look up her skirt at one point (as perverted as that sounded .__.'''). You can see that she's wearing some shorts underneath. What I did though, was brought spandex shorts and wore my skirt over them since no one's going to REALLY be looking to see if you're wearing shorts underneath.

2) Her turtle neck and skirt ARE seperated.

3) They are both the same color of brown.

4) Those are on the skirt, and from the pictures you can only see two 'X'. I still need to add that to my skirt ^^''

5) The orange thing in that picture, I believe is actually her stomach. She wears her skirt actually at her natural waist line. In reality, it ends up barely covering you behind. Not as bad as it sounds though ^^;;;

Unread 06-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #60
Sakura_CC
Beyond Dreams Cosplay

Thanks Naxul!

But if it's her belly we see, it means the zipper of her turtleneck shirt doesn't start at the bottom end of the shirt?
Sakura_CC is offline   Reply With Quote