Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 12-19-2006, 04:28 AM   #16
trupnoi_25
not perfect

oh... :P hope it's in its final stages
trupnoi_25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #17
Robo Jing

I really wish I can change my username, It's to long to type out and no one associates me with this name >,<;;
is there any way I can in the future? I really dont want to get a new account and re-post all of my photos...

Working on:
Bioshock- (%80)
Vanya the White Violin- (%60)

Deviant art- http://jing-chan.deviantart.com
Robo Jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #18
.:Mage.Lulu:.
The BLACK MAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shiva* View Post
You can't. . . yet. Admin is still working on that stuff, and a lot of the options in the costume cp are not accessible by anyone. Right now, the whole costume database thing is still really a beta release.
Quick question - umm, the upgrading account thing; will that have to be paid for? only I know a lot of sites do that but they want a certain amount of money per month/year for the 'perks' and upgrades, will that be the case with this when its up and running? I hope not >.<

No MaTTeR HoW DaRK THe NiGHT... MoRNiNG aLWaYS CoMeS ...
.:Mage.Lulu:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #19
LaDyYuNa91

um...do we pay for this? cuz i was told we don't.
how do we put avidatar on our userpix?
how do we put pix of cosplayer on our own cosplay?
well...how do we put up pix tat are not 200X200?
how do we make it 200X200?
LaDyYuNa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #20
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Mage.Lulu:. View Post
Quick question - umm, the upgrading account thing; will that have to be paid for? only I know a lot of sites do that but they want a certain amount of money per month/year for the 'perks' and upgrades, will that be the case with this when its up and running? I hope not >.<
As I understand it, upgraded accounts will be paid for. However, you won't lose anything you have now, you'll just gain new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDyYuNa91 View Post
um...do we pay for this? cuz i was told we don't.
how do we put avidatar on our userpix?
how do we put pix of cosplayer on our own cosplay?
well...how do we put up pix tat are not 200X200?
how do we make it 200X200?
1. Upgraded accounts, yes. What you have now, no.
2. To upload a forum avatar, go to user cp. For a costume avatar, go to costume cp.
3. Please phrase this in better English, I have no idea what you mean. If you mean upload your cosplay photos, see the photo tutorial thread in this forum.
4. Only avatars must be 200x200. Regular pics must be smaller than 640 on the long end. Go to photo tutorial for more info.
5. Using the crop tool in costume cp.

2014 EVENTS: Katsucon, Anime Boston, PortCon Maine, Dragon*Con

Last edited by *Shiva* : 02-13-2007 at 04:39 PM.
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #21
Joykoi
^^

Just wondering if the rule page needs to be updated since your post clearly states no pictures in signatures, but the rule page you linked us to says:

"Forum Signatures

1. Only one image per signature (several very small images are allowed in lieu of one larger image), not to be larger than 30K in size or about the size of a normal banner. We reserve the right to delete any images in sigs which exceed this limit. Many surfers are on dialup connections, and when a page is full of images the page will often take forever to load.

2. You are more than welcome to advertise your own site in your sig as long as it doesn't go overboard. By this we mean don't put it in huge letters screaming "visit my site!" . . a simple text link or banner will usually do and won't make it look like you're here to solely spam your site.

3. UPDATE: Sigs are hard-coded to only show the first 130 pixels down, and 500 pixels wide. Anything more will not show.."
Joykoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #22
Ami Yuy
Not an active mod
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykoi View Post
Just wondering if the rule page needs to be updated since your post clearly states no pictures in signatures, but the rule page you linked us to says:

"Forum Signatures

1. Only one image per signature (several very small images are allowed in lieu of one larger image), not to be larger than 30K in size or about the size of a normal banner. We reserve the right to delete any images in sigs which exceed this limit. Many surfers are on dialup connections, and when a page is full of images the page will often take forever to load.

2. You are more than welcome to advertise your own site in your sig as long as it doesn't go overboard. By this we mean don't put it in huge letters screaming "visit my site!" . . a simple text link or banner will usually do and won't make it look like you're here to solely spam your site.

3. UPDATE: Sigs are hard-coded to only show the first 130 pixels down, and 500 pixels wide. Anything more will not show.."
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the rules page needs to be updated with that. However, you will notice that even if you try to code in an image other than smilies you'll just get code and a link. Images have been disabled from signatures due to over-abuse and loading times, so I'm assuming Admin just forgot to update the rules page, as the function doesn't even exist anymore.
Ami Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #23
Aquarian

Whenever I post on vbulletin forums in general and I press the edit button I instantly log off and am sent to a log in page (pressing the save button just tells me i'm not allowed to do so). So I login again, and I now press the edit button and it goes thorugh. Why is that? Does this happen to everyone?
Aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #24
Quinn
Cookie / Quinn

Hello,
I have not been to the sight (cosplay.com) ifor a long time. As I was looking through galleries and boards I noticed that quite a few people have commercial illustrations , drawings and anime stills in there respective galleries. I thought that this was not allowed on this particular sight due to copyright reasons. Is that still so? I am only asking so I personally do not assume the wrong thing and upload a picture that is non cosplay to my avatar and get in trouble for it so to speak. I know there are tons of people that are members here and its hard to keep up , but I was just sincerely curious and confused as to what kind of pictures we are now allowed to upload.

Thank You for your time,

Cookie
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #25
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian View Post
Whenever I post on vbulletin forums in general and I press the edit button I instantly log off and am sent to a log in page (pressing the save button just tells me i'm not allowed to do so). So I login again, and I now press the edit button and it goes thorugh. Why is that? Does this happen to everyone?
It sounds like it might be a cookie problem. Are you browsers cookies turned on, and are they active for the sites in question? Also, when you log in, do you check the "remember me" box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
As I was looking through galleries and boards I noticed that quite a few people have commercial illustrations , drawings and anime stills in there respective galleries. I thought that this was not allowed on this particular sight due to copyright reasons. Is that still so? I am only asking so I personally do not assume the wrong thing and upload a picture that is non cosplay to my avatar and get in trouble for it so to speak.
Yeah, it is somewhat confusing as the rules are not always followed, but here is what is SUPPOSED to happen:

1. For your forum avatar, any image may be used, including artwork, photos with writing, etc, as long as it fits the 200x200 format.

2. For your costume avatars (icons representing your costumes on the cosplayer pages) you may only have a photo of you in the costume, sans text. There are a lot of people who break this rule and upload artwork, and that is not allowed. If you see any artwork/offical images used for costume icons, click the "report costume" button on the costume page, and choose "icon" under your reason. I don't know how well this works, as I've reported a lot of icons and never seen any removed, but I assume its being kept track of somewhere, so I'd do it anyway.

3. For actual photos in the galleries, no artwork or copyright images (including CGs) are allowed, nor are non-cosplay photos (this includes pics of con buildings, non-cotume photos of cons, con guests, etc.) UNLESS it is in the Non-Cosplay Gallery. We are each allowed up to 5 non-cosplay images (i.e. look at my kitty!) as long as they are placed in that gallery. If you see any artwork/copywritten images, click the "report photo" button under the image, and if you see a non-cosplay image, check to see what gallery it is in before reporting it. Unlike the costume icons, these are taken care of for the most part, though I'm sure the mods have tons of reports to sort through.

I hope that helps clear it up, and its nice to see people ask!

Unread 06-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #26
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Never mind, asked my question in its own thread.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.

Last edited by MaryRyanBogard : 06-12-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Realized I should've made a separate thread for my problem (oops)
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #27
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Hey Ami -

I just thought of something to add to the FAQ, as its been asked a lot lately:

What does the "Three Votes Left" button mean on costume pages?

Each day, you can vote for three costumes that you like by clicking that button. After you've voted for three different costumes, the button will say, "no votes left" and will reset in 24 hours. You can only vote for one particular costume once ever - after you've voted for it, the button will always say 'already voted."

Right now, the votes don't really do anything - eventually, I think Admin is planning on keeping track it in different ways - but they are still tallied now somewhere I think, and it's kind of fun.

Unread 06-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #28
Ami Yuy
Not an active mod
Site Moderator

Oh, thanks *Shiva*! I'm actually planning on adding a few things soon, this is a great addition. ^^
Ami Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2007, 02:01 AM   #29
Rem Akimichi
Webcomiker & Costumer

On upgrades: When it's released, what will the payment options be? I would like to upgrade my account as soon as it's allowed, but since I'm in the middle of moving and transfering banks to one thats local to the new area (and thus changing my paypal) all I have is a credit card. However, I would prefer cash/money order, if thats going to be available. Does anybody know yet?

They have served me well.
Rem Akimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2007, 05:32 PM   #30
Sesshomaru 12
TO NARNIA!! *trip*

I know this question is really stupid to ask but how to do make a thread?
- Fanime
- Anime Expo
Sesshomaru 12 is offline   Reply With Quote