Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #16
Thoras
Cosplay consumes you!

Another Sword of Truth fan, awesome! I'd love to do Richards War wizard outfit, but I think I'll have to get some more experience under my belt first
Thoras is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #17
_YukiShu_

I'm gonna do Voldemort for Otakon/book release.
I'm reading the ALANNA books now I'm about ta start the last book kinda spoiled it by reading Immortals first. I thought Numair would be cool to cosplay but I doubt I would.
Katsucon 2006 - Gatomon(Digimon)
Otakon 2007 - Voldemort and Meowth
Future Cosplays:
Ferret Draco(Harry Potter)
_YukiShu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #18
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

I plan on cosplaying Raistlin Majere from "Dragonlance" for the Renaissance Faire this year. ^_^ Red robe version first and then black baby!! XD!!

My boyfriend and I are also planning Sandman costumes. More of a graphic novel than a book but Neil Gaiman is SO much love. Neither of us can decide which one we like best but I'm leaning towards the "Ramadan" one or one of Death's dress outfits or maybe Daniel. ^_^

I'd also like to make a costume of Yvaine from "Stardust" for the movie premier but that would end up me being the lone dork in a costume. ^_^
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:52 PM   #19
D001
D

Oh, there seem to be a million characters I would love to cosplay from books. Off the top of my head...

Cara, Kahlan, Nathan, Richard in his War Wizard outfit. All from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth Series. *madly lusts for the last book, withers away before November*

War or Crowley from "Good Omens".

Admiral Thrawn from the Star Wars books (Timothy Zahn)

R. Danieel Olivaw or Elijah Bailey from the Robots series (Caves of Steel, ect) by Isaac Asimov.

One of the Harpers or Dragonriders from the Pern series.

Pretty much any character from The Tales of the Otori series.

Doing something from "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NiMH" would be awesome, as well as the book "A Wrinkle in Time"

Going in one of the red dresses from "A Handmaid's Tale" or doing a cosplay from "The Last Unicorn" (its been forever since I read some of these books, I can't remember names right now ^_^;; )

Eve Dallas or her partner (can't remember her name right now) from J.D. Robbs "in Death" series

Or going Arthurian legend style with a character from "The Mists of Avalon". It would be hard to narrow it down, character-wise in that book.

I think that's a good start? ^_^

D
D001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #20
Ironekilz

So much greatness on this thread! Eventually I will get around to doing a Tasselhoff cosplay from Dragonlance. I'm thinking next Dragoncon. My sister and her husband have also agreed to do costumes from the series, so if all goes well we'll have a mini-Heroes of the Lance group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem Akimichi View Post
OH! And I knew I forgot one!
{X} Haplo- The Death Gate Cycle series by Margret Weis and Terry Hickman, complete with a black Dog plushie (or maybe a real dog if I ever get one...)
Fantastic! I didn't know other people had read this series, at least no one else I know has!
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #21
Moonlit Child
popcorn pumpkin puff

After reading only three chapters of the book, I am itching to cosplay Rail from Chris Wooding's Storm Thief novel, Lude from The House of Leaves has been on the back-burner too--my brother pretty much *is* Johnny, or at least how we envision him.

Rae from Robin McKinley's Sunshine (once my hair is long again....) is another one I've wanted to do since reading the book, as well as Aerin, the heroine from her second novel. (And possibly Harri too, from her first, but Aerin is so much more badass...and it's an excuse to dye my hair red!)

Oh, and for the longest time I've wanted to cosplay Fllewddur Flamm from The Chronicles of Prydain series just because the Disney movie did him no justice at all. Specifically, I want to do his The Castle of LLyr outfit.

Oh, oh! I forgot Julia from Simon Green's Blue Moon Rising...I'd need a Rupert or a Harold though, because it just wouldn't be the same without one.

Last edited by Moonlit Child : 06-22-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Moonlit Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #22
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

*geeks out from so much literary love*

--PD
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #23
Rayonea
Stubbornly Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoras View Post
Another Sword of Truth fan, awesome! I'd love to do Richards War wizard outfit, but I think I'll have to get some more experience under my belt first
If you wore that costume to a Toronto-area con, I would love you forever. <3 The Sword of Truth books are awesome and win, it's great to see other fans. ^_^

Quote:
ALANNA! Oh please do. I'm still contemplating doing Tris from the Circle series of hers, but seeing an Alanna would be so awesome. Or, for that matter, I think I would melt from love for anyone who did a Numair and Diane cosplay couple.
I loved Tamora Pierce's books when I was kid, so Alanna is definitely on the list to do. ^_^ Even though purple contacts TERRIFY me. >.> I'd personally love to see all four of the magelings from the Circle series. That would absolutely make my day. ^_^

Quote:
And for Fenchurch, maybe you could get clear heels/soles or such so that it appears that way Though you're out of luck on what to do about sitting and touching things.
That's what I was thinking about, but all I can seem to find in that are HUGE heeled stripper shoes. @_@ I'm AWFUL with heels and can't wear them, but I'm keeping my eyes out for platforms. I figure, if all else fails I can figure out a way to make them. XD

...And sitting and touching things will just have to be avoided. ^_^;;;

Last edited by Rayonea : 06-22-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Rayonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #24
Rem Akimichi
Webcomiker & Costumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D001 View Post
War or Crowley from "Good Omens".

R. Danieel Olivaw or Elijah Bailey from the Robots series (Caves of Steel, ect) by Isaac Asimov.

One of the Harpers or Dragonriders from the Pern series.

"The Last Unicorn" (its been forever since I read some of these books, I can't remember names right now ^_^;; )

Or going Arthurian legend style with a character from "The Mists of Avalon". It would be hard to narrow it down, character-wise in that book.
*proposes* Be my Crowley? XD And DUDE! Issac Asivmov cosplay! I want to do something from one of his short stories, but can't decide what.

The Dragonriders seem to be really popular: maybe a group should be put together for on of the bigger cons next year?

Last Unicorn cosplay from the book would be AMAZING, though I personally love the designs in the movie best. However, they had a lot of cool lines in the book that the movie didn't have.

And I would love to see someone do something from the Young Merlin series Arthur is great too, though I'm more of a Robin Hood girl myself (Will Scarlet, I love you, even if you don't get much attention in the stories). However, if someone did Young Merlin, I would flip. They had so many interesting character in that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironekilz View Post
Fantastic! I didn't know other people had read this series, at least no one else I know has!
OMG! Another Death Gate Cycle fan! *proposes* Be my Alfred? XD There's not enough of us. You can find a few fanarts and such around the net -I know one person who used to do some stuff, but she's been pretty silent for the last year or three ;_;-, but not nearly enough for such a worthy series. I still haven't read the last book though. It's not in our library(s) and not available at our bookstore, but then, I live in a small town so thats not saying much. I'll have to order it online when I get the money. We should get a DGC cosplay group together somehow. They all have unique character designs and outfits that would be so much fun to do, especially with the Patryn/Sartan hair.... */ends rant*

Love your Elf Quest icon, by the way

They have served me well.

Last edited by Rem Akimichi : 06-22-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Rem Akimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #25
Thoras
Cosplay consumes you!

Red face

Quote:
OMG! Another Death Gate Cycle fan! *proposes* Be my Alfred? XD There's not enough of us. You can find a few fanarts and such around the net -I know one person who used to do some stuff, but she's been pretty silent for the last year or three ;_;-, but not nearly enough for such a worthy series. I still haven't read the last book though. It's not in our library(s) and not available at our bookstore, but then, I live in a small town so thats not saying much. I'll have to order it online when I get the money. We should get a DGC cosplay group together somehow. They all have unique character designs and outfits that would be so much fun to do, especially with the Patryn/Sartan hair.... */ends rant*

Love your Elf Quest icon, by the way
I've thought about changing my hair to match one of the two races, but always thought it'd be too expensive for how quick it would grow out
Did you know they actually made a computer game of it too? It was one of the point and click adventures, where you gather items and make your way through puzzles, it was pretty cool.
Thoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #26
Rem Akimichi
Webcomiker & Costumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoras View Post
I've thought about changing my hair to match one of the two races, but always thought it'd be too expensive for how quick it would grow out
Did you know they actually made a computer game of it too? It was one of the point and click adventures, where you gather items and make your way through puzzles, it was pretty cool.
I think that would be so cool. If you did the Patryns hair it wouldn't grow out so much, since it's supposed to be a fade from dark on top to light on bottom. You could probably do it with your natural hair color and then just fade-bleach the ends. Hee, now you've got me considering it XD I would no longer be a hair virgin if I did though.

The problem with DGC and cosplay is that most likely you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in a local area that A.) has read the series and B.) would be willing to cosplay. A group could be formed online, but we're so spread out that it would be hard to get everyone together at the same con. Still, it might be worth a try... *ponders* I think I might put up something in the seeking cosplayers now (Edit: Made!)

Heh, just remembered: I'd LOVE to see someone do some Young Wizards Series by Diane Duane. Sker'ret would be the most challenging yet awesome cosplay.

They have served me well.

Last edited by Rem Akimichi : 06-22-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Rem Akimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #27
**Scion**
Has the Con-withdrawal

I want to make the Other Mother from Neil Gaiman's Coraline so badly. That's probably the number one book costume on my list. I'm sure there are others but that's the only one that comes to mind at the moment
Unread 06-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #28
Phantomtango1
www.phantomonabudget.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortia View Post
I'm doing a Phantom of the Opera based more upon book illustrations than anything. Have a purely imagined Remus Lupin costume... would love to do more in the future.

Quote:
And YAY! for Phantom cosplay. I love PotO, the book, movie, and musical, so seeing any Phantom cosplayers would be great. You should get someone to do the Persian with you
Seconding the enthusiasm! Can't wait to see pics - are you using the Hillenbrand illustrations Scortia, or something different?
Unread 06-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #29
salazar
oh, schist...

i would love to do either sabriel or lirael from the abhorsen trilogy. that, or one of the characters rom the abarat that aren't candy quackenbush, 'cause her clothes are normal.

member: uncouth (un)ltd. cosplay group

〜みんあで歌おうゲゲゲのゲ〜
salazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2007, 08:14 PM   #30
Gwydion
Cardboard is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit Child View Post
Oh, and for the longest time I've wanted to cosplay Fllewddur Flamm from The Chronicles of Prydain series just because the Disney movie did him no justice at all. Specifically, I want to do his The Castle of LLyr outfit.
Oh, I would LOVE to see a book version of Fllewddur! Of all the characters, he was definately the one who got the worst end of the deal in the movie. Seeing someone do him justice would make me a very happy girl.

And while I don't remember the specific outfit, The Castle of Llyr is one of my favorite books. X3
Prince Alexander, King's Quest VI - 75% done
Gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote