Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-24-2007, 01:08 AM   #31
Sharysa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylgrrl View Post
I've wanted to do some Dragonriders of Pern cosplay for a VERY long time...
OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU.

I would LOVE to see a dragonrider or a harper walking around somewhere!

Also, a REALLY well-done Sabriel would make my YEAR. The bells, the sword, and the SURCOAT WITH SILVER KEYS!

Lirael would be fantastic, too--and if she comes with a dog/plushie, I'd die from the awesomeness.

Summoner Yuna - Final Fantasy X:
90% Finished (Repairing).
Julia Heartilly - Final Fantasy VIII: 10% Finished.
General Vaida - Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword: 15% Finished (Planned).
Elphaba Thropp - Wicked (musical version): 10% finished (Planned).

Last edited by Sharysa : 06-24-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Sharysa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2007, 02:02 AM   #32
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

Ok, Abarat cosplay would make me just about die of happiness.

I'm DYING to cosplay Lirael. Seriously. I neeeed to.
more:
Aravis from The Horse and his Boy
Alec from the Nightrunner series
someone from the Keys to the Kingdom series. Seriously. I LOVE that series.
Aja Killian from the Pendragon series
someone from the Lost Years of Merlin series <3
Tris from Circle of Magic she's my favorite.

I could go on and on about this XD

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 02:09 AM   #33
D001
D

Rem Akimichi, I would love to be your Crowley. ^_^ If only we were at the same con. *kicks traveling costs* ~_^

And the Death Gate Cycle series is amazing! I love the books so much. (Alfred always cracks me up and the characters seem so real) If only, if only, I'd definitely join in on that cosplay

D
D001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 05:56 AM   #34
Rem Akimichi
Webcomiker & Costumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D001 View Post
Rem Akimichi, I would love to be your Crowley. ^_^ If only we were at the same con. *kicks traveling costs* ~_^

And the Death Gate Cycle series is amazing! I love the books so much. (Alfred always cracks me up and the characters seem so real) If only, if only, I'd definitely join in on that cosplay

D
*raises fists in determination* One day! One day, D001~! Heh, what are some cons in your area? I don't mind traveling costs if I have a while to save up for them Hee, we could do Haplo& Alfred and Aziraphale & Crowley *dreams*

PrettyKittyMulu, OMG The Horse and His Boy cosplay would be absolute love!!! That's one of my favorite books in the entire series. If twins (or really, really close lookalikes) to do Cor and Corin, I would freak. And YAY for another Keys to the Kingdom fan! I want to do Suzy Blue in her tattered and patched coat and hat, with a pair of stick-on wings Who would you do?

They have served me well.
Rem Akimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #35
Moonlit Child
popcorn pumpkin puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
Oh, I would LOVE to see a book version of Fllewddur! Of all the characters, he was definately the one who got the worst end of the deal in the movie. Seeing someone do him justice would make me a very happy girl.

And while I don't remember the specific outfit, The Castle of Llyr is one of my favorite books. X3
Castle of Llyr was the first time you saw Fllewddur kick real arse--and those books need more love outside of the movie anyway. It would be awesome to have a Doli with me too, though.
Unread 06-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #36
Hedgehogey

What i'd love to see is someone cosplaying (costuming?) Severian in his torturer's outfit from Gene Wolf's Book of the New Sun series.

Or some accurate (IE not based on the godawful movie) Dune series costumes.

Ender's Game would be cool too, especially if you got a bunch of people together to be Dragon Army and had a gimmick (Battle School Host Club anyone?).
Hedgehogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #37
AuroraHermione

I really want to do a costume of Peony from Spindle's End by Robin Mckinley. I'm waiting for my friend to finish the book to try to convince her to do Rosie with me.

AuroraHermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #38
Koi
Promiscuous Boy

Lord of the Rings. I can't believe nobody's mentioned it yet. A well known classic with a movie to give you some visual aid for costumes!

One of Terry Pratchett's million Ankh Morpork books. That's also a popular series...
Unread 06-24-2007, 07:59 PM   #39
Dance H2O Dance
Aku*Roku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi View Post
Lord of the Rings. I can't believe nobody's mentioned it yet. A well known classic with a movie to give you some visual aid for costumes!

One of Terry Pratchett's million Ankh Morpork books. That's also a popular series...
Wow! Nobody's mentioned it yet? That.. almost saddens me. Especially with the movies an' all.

Well, I can name one that's tired me A LOT: Harry Potter. I don't have a problem with it, I love the series, it's just.. too much. >.>;; As, long as it's a canon character, I'm FINE.
Dance H2O Dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #40
Scortia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomtango1 View Post
Seconding the enthusiasm! Can't wait to see pics - are you using the Hillenbrand illustrations Scortia, or something different?
Partially yes! ^^ Well it's gonna be the red death costume... and I've seen about three really beautiful illustrations I want to sort of mesh together.. I have my huge floofy hat feathers sitting right here because those HAVE to be in the final costume. I still like the movie version for different reasons as well so I'll throw in a tad of that too. >P

Rem: Oh yes, a Persian would be awesome... Just walking behind me all con and I'd be like "FOR GOD'S SAKE, QUIT STALKING ME ALREADY... " and then throw in some sort of huuuuuuge spoilers from Susan Kay's "Phantom" just to confuse people. :P

Last edited by Scortia : 06-24-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:14 PM   #41
Dance H2O Dance
Aku*Roku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortia View Post
Partially yes! ^^ Well it's gonna be the red death costume... and I've seen about three really beautiful illustrations I want to sort of mesh together.. I have my huge floofy hat feathers sitting right here because those HAVE to be in the final costume. I still like the movie version for different reasons as well so I'll throw in a tad of that too. >P

Rem: Oh yes, a Persian would be awesome... Just walking behind me all con and I'd be like "FOR GOD'S SAKE, QUIT STALKING ME ALREADY... " and then throw in some sort of huuuuuuge spoilers from Susan Kay's "Phantom" just to confuse people. :P
Sorry to randomly jump in, but...

ZOMGZTHANKYOUSOMUCH! :' D I'm only going to guess (and read your signature), but yays! At first, I was thinking you were gonna go as the Red Death from Edgar Allen Poe's story, and I was like WOAHZCREATIVE. But then, hah, I read your signature, and I'm even happier now. xD;;

POTO FOR THE WIN. I lovveee love lovveeee POTO.

LOL. Sorry. Good lucks on the costume! *3*
Dance H2O Dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #42
Scortia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance H2O Dance View Post
Sorry to randomly jump in, but...

ZOMGZTHANKYOUSOMUCH! :' D I'm only going to guess (and read your signature), but yays! At first, I was thinking you were gonna go as the Red Death from Edgar Allen Poe's story, and I was like WOAHZCREATIVE. But then, hah, I read your signature, and I'm even happier now. xD;;

Yeah that would be hardcore... but I have no desire to scare people to death with a mask that resembles a tortured corpse's face. ^_~
Unread 06-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #43
D001
D

Rem: I'm by Nan Desu Kan in Sept (CO) and as far as I know, that is the closest con I can get to this year. After October I'll be in Japan ^_^;;; But who knows in a couple of years! ~_^

*dreams of Crowley&Azaraphiale and Haplo&Alfred cosplay, too ~___________^*
D001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 10:36 PM   #44
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Sadly, what's preventing me from cosplaying HP or LOTR is the movies. If you tried doing a book costume, people will look at you funny and wonder why you didn't just copy a movie design. I don't LIKE the movie designs, particularly LOTR as I detest the movies, but these days, everyone's into movie recreation instead of going back to the books to do their own design based on author description only. Sigh.

Outside of those two major works, I've never personally thought of doing a book costume because I'm a visual person. What gets me interested in a costume is seeing it. A description in text is not enough to get me excited about a costume no matter how vivid and well it's described or how immersed I am in the book. However, I have done book costumes for others. I did a MordSith (Sword of Truth) last summer for a friend of mine who went to DragonCon. I have yet to see the pictures of her in it, though. She makes the perfect MordSith, she's diminutive and cute with a long braid and yet hides so much evil behind that package.

...so if anybody was at DragonCon last year and saw a MordSith, I'd like to know!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #45
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem Akimichi View Post
PrettyKittyMulu, OMG The Horse and His Boy cosplay would be absolute love!!! That's one of my favorite books in the entire series. If twins (or really, really close lookalikes) to do Cor and Corin, I would freak. And YAY for another Keys to the Kingdom fan! I want to do Suzy Blue in her tattered and patched coat and hat, with a pair of stick-on wings Who would you do?
OMG, I would freak out if I saw that.

I'm not sure exactly who I'd do, really. Suzy would be a LOT of fun. I'd kind of like to do her when she has to be all..proper and polite, you know...XD because that cracked me up. I love Suzy.
I'd LOVE to see someone do Drowned Wednesday...

Dune book cosplay would be LOVE.

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote